online ZF 6 speed transmission retailers

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion, I cant believe the lack of responses

Could be that your in the aftermarket section?

Not many people building 7.3's and sticking with a ZF6. Most go to an auto as it will always shift quicker than any manual if tuned correctly.

My recommendation, find one on CL. Can get them with under 200K pretty easily. Average about 1500 to 3K. The 3K ones were usually a complete kit to do a auto to manual swap. And with CL its usually local enough to go pick it up instead of paying for freight.

Overdrive

Reaction score
Could be that your in the aftermarket section?

Not many people building 7.3's and sticking with a ZF6. Most go to an auto as it will always shift quicker than any manual if tuned correctly.

My recommendation, find one on CL. Can get them with under 200K pretty easily. Average about 1500 to 3K. The 3K ones were usually a complete kit to do a auto to manual swap. And with CL its usually local enough to go pick it up instead of paying for freight.

Yeah that's a problem. I've never found a ZF on CL. And I don't know if I would buy a ZF used. They seem to run $2-2500 rebuilt with a warranty.

I had both auto and standard superduty trucks. Stock my ZF kicks the crap out of my auto. Both were identical body style 7.3 diesels. The auto runs fine just typical soft shifting. But 165,000 miles and still runs fine. My ZF is at 150,000 and original clutch so I can't complain

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.