Only hits 23 psi of boost

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I gotta good tuner not to worried about that part, h&s recommends keeping it under 32 psi and that's what I have my defuel set to, I think he has it set to run between 28-30

let us know when it hits 30 again ! big power !

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Yeah bud like I said I gotta gotta good tuner so not to worried, and not to be rude or anything and wouldn't wanna go in to detail about it but I had a pretty bad experience with no limit fabs tunes and customer service, so if it wasn't for these good tuners we have up here my truck would still be stranded at Ford, so I'll take my chances with 30 pounds on my stock turbo

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah bud like I said I gotta gotta good tuner so not to worried, and not to be rude or anything and wouldn't wanna go in to detail about it but I had a pretty bad experience with no limit fabs tunes and customer service, so if it wasn't for these good tuners we have up here my truck would still be stranded at Ford, so I'll take my chances with 30 pounds on my stock turbo

ok bud ! i was just trying to be helpful and informative because you seem very misinformed. glad the people up there saved your truck !

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score

tell us more...

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Not looking to start crap, obviously some ppl have good luck with them that's why I went to them in the first place, maybe they were having a bad month, shop dog coulda died or something, maybe they don't like Canadians who knows lol

dsmracing1

Reaction score
if it spiked 30 it was a freak , 13-14 are controlled by the ecu NOT to allow over 29 psi .. no matter what. and trust me dude, you dont want more boost , it wont make anymore power and will grenade that tiny turbo quicker. 11-12 do not have the same limitations , therefore they grenade turbos much more often .

Exactly. I had an over boost DTC a few times and it went into limp mode the few times it spiked above 29 psi on my 14 with the stock charger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Not looking to start crap, obviously some ppl have good luck with them that's why I went to them in the first place, maybe they were having a bad month, shop dog coulda died or something, maybe they don't like Canadians who knows lol

Please don't bring being Canadian into anything. Makes us all look like assholes, instead of the select few that think they're being persecuted geographically.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Exactly. I had an over boost DTC a few times and it went into limp mode the few times it spiked above 29 psi on my 14 with the stock charger...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I did get a good thunk on the highway before and the truck died while I was passing a semi, rolled her to the side of the highway and checked her out, didn't see anything, fired back up and went on my way

sootie

Reaction score

you've already started crap by mentioning it...and ya, i don't seem to have issues with any of the tuning i am running in canada-from US vendors.

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Please don't bring being Canadian into anything. Makes us all look like assholes, instead of the select few that think they're being persecuted geographically.

Let's not get so 2016 and take everything the wrong way,
Smoke a joint and have a chill it was a joke, I definitely don't feel I was being discriminated for being Canadian

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
you've already started crap by mentioning it...and ya, i don't seem to have issues with any of the tuning i am running in canada-from US vendors.

Me either, my mcc ********s tunes are some of the best tunes I've ever tried, and I didn't mention it to start crap, mentioned it to let him know I'll just trust the reputable tuner that's working with my truck right now and why, I'm sure there are a few guys with bad experiences everywhere you go that comes with dealing with people, and kinda makes me wonder why a guy like you with proud supporter of no limit fab in his sig would be trying to instagate publicly bashing his shop in a forum? like I said maybe they were having a bad month, and sorry for joking the Canadian reference one of the reasons I like being Canadian is how easy going we're known to be, but I guess the 1%ers that get but hurt over everything are everywhere

Notneb

Reaction score
Well I did get a good thunk on the highway before and the truck died while I was passing a semi, rolled her to the side of the highway and checked her out, didn't see anything, fired back up and went on my way

You never looked into that?! Starting to make sense now...

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Yeah I did actually, few shops I've talked to said theyve had it happen a few times on hard pulls on the highway and have never figured it out, some shops said they think maybe my tranny slipped and it had some shut down for safety, all I know is its never happened again and it was a year ago so don't really know what else to do about it

Notneb

Reaction score
No codes? Where did the noise come from? Did it coincide with a downshift?

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
No no codes no nothing, had it in manual at about 100kmph on the highway clicked it to 5th and rolled on it to pass a semi truck, just got half way passed the truck and felt a thud, kinda felt like it came from the tranny, felt it from the floor, shook the truck pretty good, and right when it happened the truck died, pulled her over to the side of the highway and looked inunder her right away figured there would be oil and shrapnel on the ground and nothing, popped the hood and didn't notice anything g, tried to fire it back up and cranked over but wouldn't catch, then went back under the hood and started pulling dip sticks just to check, everything was good, got back in fired her up perfect and drive away, the tuner figured it was a tranny slip or something and increased my line pressure and it never happened again, went to a couple shops about it but no one could really figure it out, talked to a guy that tunes 6.7's and he said he's had it happen a few times to him on his personal truck and described the same senerio that I had when it happened so I don't know.

Notneb

Reaction score
Ever check the trans pan for metal? I've only had my truck do that once, and it was an Overspeed condition on old IDP tunes, but mines a 15 too. My '12 never gave me any issues except reverse delay that was fixed under warranty.

08Monster

Reaction score
You never looked into that?! Starting to make sense now...
My '14 did it once also, pulled good on the highway, I hit 120mph and THUMP! I slowed down and the battery light flashed, and the truck said stop now, it shut off at 40mph. I pulled over and restarted it, started fine, drove away fine, hasn't happened since. Probably 5-7k miles ago.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Holden_magroin

Reaction score
Yeah the tuner guy I was talking to that said he's heard of it happening to lots of ppl but know one that's he knows of has ever found out what it is, said it's happened to him 3 times about the same senerio we described, weird stuff, you ever check your pan?

Latest posts

Members online