Opinions on hood stack

Lamont_24

Reaction score
So I have my 95 and it's not a daily driver, but I was thinking of putting a hood stack on it for the hell of it. My buddy wants to see it done so he said he would pay for it too haha my hood hinges are bent so I would need new ones first and I want to get a cowl hood sometime so it wouldn't be permanent. Give me your opinions and don't hold back
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340041836.547058.jpg

MINK

Reaction score
No unless your are over 800hp AND it's for competition only - other than that, gay.

JD3020

Reaction score
If it will see the street more than it sees the track, then its fugging gay. If it were a puller or drag truck that you occasionally take onto the street to have some fun, then its cool.

Mad Max

Reaction score
in, out and all around the matrix you live in
If it will see the street more than it sees the track, then its fugging gay. If it were a puller or drag truck that you occasionally take onto the street to have some fun, then its cool.

look at cat rebels truck... that truck rocks a hoodstack. personally i think the cowl hood would kill the look though. they sound pretty sweet imo, but they arent exactly street legal for those of us that have to do vehicle inspections every year

Lamont_24

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't do it with the cowl hood, I would put the cowl hood on when I get tired of it. But yeah, I'd feel like a poser cause I don't make much horsepower

JDub

Reaction score
Check your local laws, it may not be 'street legal'. Most states require the exhaust to exit the vehicle behind the passenger cabin.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
They allow them up to 8 inches (I think) in Indiana.
I checked out cat rebels truck and that is badass. I've seen it on YouTube before

jdiesel_us

Reaction score
I rode in my buddy's fummins with a hood stack down i-70 in indiana. Don't plan on opening the window or seeing out the glass. It also ruined the seal around the top of the windshield after about 8 months. Truck was a DD.

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Ran mine every day close to 2 years & the only issue I ever had was some random jackass kid dumping a red solo cup full of fruit punch & vodka down it last summer. Started it up for work the next morning & a red solo cup flew out & puked sticky soot all over my hood & fender. Other than that I drove everywhere without a care in the world. Drove right by city/county/state/dot officers daily, half would look & the other half never paid attention. After fighting the 3" DP in & how tight my engine/firewall clearances are I wish I left the damn hoodstack on. On the other hand with a 3" down pipe dumping out behind the tranny cross member the EGTs really didn't change, that's cruising/mild/WOT.
I don't recommend them to anyone for a street truck. I had no issues with mine but I just wanted a more normal looking farm/work truck. As far as the whole "exhaust inside the cab" thing, only time I had that issue was if I left the rear slider open & it rolled back in. Or when the tuning was off & it was fueling like a 3.0 pulling truck & the wind was blowing on across the side. I don't have A/C so both windows are down all the time. Noise really isn't as bad as you would think, anyone that rode or drove mine will back that statement up. I've been been there & done that, I'm over it.

Show you the flight path of the exhaust on a cold drive to work-

384141_2623760597117_78349611_n.jpg

It found a new home on another truck, swapped him hoods so now I just need to swap with someone to get it color matched or do a 2" cowl.

Other guy's truck with my old setup-

548381_10150909979640911_1012873023_n.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.