Opinions on HPX

always-strokin

Reaction score
Yep, I sure did confuse them. Thanks for the correction. I'd say the hpx can be beneficial... never a downside for equalized oil. But I prob wouldn't waste my money on it until higher up in the HP range.

always-strokin

Reaction score
Thats why I said higher in the HP range. For 500+hp, I can see the small things such as frx/hpx being beneficial. For a stock or lightly modded motor, I doubt it does a darn thing.

campbellflage

Reaction score
another place to leak too! The info that i have found on it is its hit or miss, some people swear it makes their idle so much better, others don't notice a difference.
Frx is a different story in the superdutys though, definately beneficial even on a stock motor.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Meh... I COULD be wrong, but am quite certain none of the higher h.p. 7.3's have them. Not to mention, its gonna make working on your motor a bigger pain in the ass if you need to change the ipr, any harnesses in the valley, and maybe the fuel filter etc...

Dieselfever

Reaction score
Just pull the fittings from the HPOP and remove the check valves. They look like small springs with a little plate made onto the end. When the spring portion breaks it reverses the direction it works and cuts one head off

Latest posts

Members online