Opinions on RSK??

bluedge8

Reaction score
I have an f350, so I don't have to worry about that lol, and my truck is originally from TX so the rust is very minimal. I have to get ahold of PMF and get my fox shocks ordered then I'll be ready to do the swap. I'll install my intercooler at the same time, hope it fits LOL

freddie

Reaction score
I have an f350, so I don't have to worry about that lol, and my truck is originally from TX so the rust is very minimal. I have to get ahold of PMF and get my fox shocks ordered then I'll be ready to do the swap. I'll install my intercooler at the same time, hope it fits LOL

Sounds like you're like me, rolling it all into 1 big project.

While doing the RSK and D60 swap, I am also doing the hydroboost upgrade, replacing rear tanks and doing the fuel tank vent mod. Oh and cab bushings. Lol.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I have owned the intercooler for probably five years, bought it for my 250 and never put it on. It's time to put it on the 350. I am also planning a short box conversion, I have a lot of work to do to this truck but I'll just keep plugging away at it.

brewer

Reaction score
Sounds like you're like me, rolling it all into 1 big project.

While doing the RSK and D60 swap, I am also doing the hydroboost upgrade, replacing rear tanks and doing the fuel tank vent mod. Oh and cab bushings. Lol.

Hope you're gonna stay far, far away from the Poly ones...

freddie

Reaction score
Hope you're gonna stay far, far away from the Poly ones...

Yeah, I have the poly set. I've seen that everyone loved them 5-6 years ago, but since then the consensus has changed and they are hated. I was going to call Ford today and get a price on the OEM bushings.

I have the bed off and the fuel tanks out so I will go ahead and do the bushings while its apart and access is a little easier.

Last edited:

freddie

Reaction score
And another updated picture since the RSK.
RSK.jpg
attachment.jpg

Attachments

• RSK.jpg
    RSK.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 484
Last edited:

wcso873

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I have an IC but I'll have to ID it, it's been years and my memory gets worse by the day.

What do you have, U or V codes?

I just ordered a 3.5" kit maybe 3 hours ago. But I JUST saw a pic with one and I didn't like how much lower the front hanger was. I may change it to 2.25".

Compare these 2 trucks, I don't notice much of a height difference but the front hanger is a bit lower.. I believe the first is a 3.5"RSK and the second is 2.25".
_3.5%20RSK%20w%20V%20codes%20and%2035s_zpstv67gcwd.png

th_1394923641087_zpsctsehwwd.png

Man I just have to say I love that body style. I have a 08 and it's pretty but something about that body style that is just classic.

brewer

Reaction score
Love them!

So I cannot get the rear upper cab mount bushings...

Yes, they are unavailable nationwide. Get those or all from LMC or BroncoGraveyard. They are very similar to OEM and cheaper but quality seems to be good. Not aware of anywhere else that carries rubber for these trucks unfortunately.

Just swapped out my Poly for those a few weeks ago and the ride is great. Others have used these as well with good results.

Make sure you have a tool made to separate the top and bottom mounts under the cab beforehand.

freddie

Reaction score
I didn't see anything but the poly bushings from Bronco Graveyard - got a link?

LMC lists bushings and also poly bushings.
Check part numbers 40-2002, 40-2009, 40-2012 and 40-2008 from LMC. Are those the part numbers you're suggesting?

brewer

Reaction score
I didn't see anything but the poly bushings from Bronco Graveyard - got a link?

LMC lists bushings and also poly bushings.
Check part numbers 40-2002, 40-2009, 40-2012 and 40-2008 from LMC. Are those the part numbers you're suggesting?
Those are correct. You'll also need the rad support bushings which look to be 40-2000 and 40-2006.

freddie

Reaction score
Thank you! I replaced my core support last year when doing an engine swap, and used a combination of LMC and poly bushings.

Yesterday I had ordered all of the Ford OEM bushings with exception of the rear upper, now looking at LMC I realize how much I could have saved. :jawdrop:

freddie

Reaction score
Had a death wobble for the first and second time last night. Scared the hell out of me.

Swaan

Reaction score
Had a death wobble for the first and second time last night. Scared the hell out of me.

You dont have enough caster on your front axle. You need tapered wedges under your spring pack to tilt your axle back. Death wooble is 99% a result of not enough caster.

Ever wonder why the front wheels on a shopping cart do the funky chicken all the time . No caster. Your truck is essentially doing the same thing.

Steering damper is not a fix .

My truck rolls on 35s with a rsk and super duty Springs.
I dont run a steering stabilizer and i can cruise 70-80 mph with 1 finger on the wheel, drives like a Lexus.
But im prob running 5 or 6 degrees caster.

Last edited:

freddie

Reaction score
I will check for everything tonight.

I've NEVER experienced that kind of shake before, I really thought it was coming apart. Felt like my left front wheel was a square shape as violently as it was shaking. It started the shake in a rough section of a back road and continued on after it for a little while until I slowed almost to a stop. I was only going maybe 30MPH when the shake started.