Opinions on this possible setup

ThomasE99

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to this site and powerstrokes. I bought an early 99 F350 while I've been deployed so I don't know exactly what has been done to it except for a 4" exhaust and a S&B cold air intake. I've been reading this site for the last month or so and have narrowed my wish list to this

Beans d66 turbo
Rosewood 238/100 injectors
Beans tuning
Strictly Diesel return fuel system
BTS Trans
Honeybadger Jr hpop

I'm looking for 425 hp mostly as a DD and towing a 35' travel trailer a few times a year. Basically my question is will the above parts be adequate or do I need to add/delete something. Also the truck has a Jasper crate 7.3 I've tried to do research on this motor and can't find much, does anyone have any experience with this?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
everything is solid besides the D66 turbo, ill pop it with the injectors you are after. i think you should look elsewhere for a turbo setup. there have been complaints about running hot on that turbo and its basically a stock turbo thats been messaged a little bit, same center section and bearings so basically its the weak point

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
everything is solid besides the D66 turbo, ill pop it with the injectors you are after. i think you should look elsewhere for a turbo setup. there have been complaints about running hot on that turbo and its basically a stock turbo thats been messaged a little bit, same center section and bearings so basically its the weak point

I would agree with this. I think you need to look into other turbo options for those injectors. My recommendation would be a T4/T4i style turbo such as a BW, H2E, or Bell.

bruce

Reaction score
For 425 I'd do 200/30, d66 (preferably modded h2e) and an frx. No need for an upgraded fuel or hpop.

ThomasE99

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone for the input. I've looked into the t4 kit with a s366 but since the d66 is a drop in I wanted to see what it would be capable of. I also read that with the s366 and 238/100's I would need to add the wastegate kit any thoughts? I also just thought of this does anyone know if the Jasper engines are setup like the early 99 or the later models?

Last edited:
Reaction score
a modded h2e t4i would p rolly be the way to go no need to gate it. With that being said a normal t4 flange would give you more options down the road though. My 238s and a s468 was a damn fun setup but obviously more than your looking for.

I also know that Jason from nltd is claiming great things from there drop in brute 66 don't realty know how it compares to beans version.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Do a search on here there is a plug you remove on the block and you can determine pmrs or forged rod if that's what ur trying to figure out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ThomasE99

Reaction score
As far as the motor is concerned I'm not to excited about the rods as much as I am about the tubro mount. According to the paperwork that I was sent with the truck on the engine rebuild XC3Z-6007-CARM was the part number. From what I looked up this is the 99 1/2 to 03 motor. I don't mean to be stupid by any means but this is the link to where I found that information, can anyone confirm/deny this.
http://www.fbparts.com/powerstroke_engines.h

bruce

Reaction score
If it has a late 99 setup then is look into some 200/30 hybrids and a brute 66 and an frx

V-Ref

Reaction score
Your link is missing "tm" on the end.

http://www.fbparts.com/powerstroke_engines.htm

You and your tuner will want to confirm the rods in your motor at the 425hp level.

main.php

main.php

After confirming that, I think you can nail down the turbo.

I'd like to add $275 to your build for a Swamps modded IDM.
http://swampsdiesel.com/prestashop/...e-high-frequency-injection-driver-module.html

Welcome back, and here's to you enjoying your new truck :toast:

Latest posts

Members online