Opinions

6speedsd

Reaction score
I did another buzz test yesterday evening before I headed home. Truck had been sitting about 8 hrs. All 8 actually buzzed this time, but #5 was definitely a much weaker click. I'm going to do another test tomorrow after it sits for a couple days and see what happens. #5 is the one I've had problems getting to buzz since the very beginning. #5 and #1 are the ones I get contribution codes for too. Had that code for #1 yesterday.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Of course there is always the chance it simply needs an injector or two... might be chasing your tail with dead injectors here, but I would still probably try the rev-x first.

6speedsd

Reaction score
I've done Revex already. Last oil change I poured 2 bottles in. Helped a little but not much. That was about 2000 miles ago. Fixing that ficm helped cold starts for sure, but I still get that issue. I really do think I have a couple bad injectors, but I'm trying to do everything I can to make sure that's what it really is before I put new ones in there. Wifey wouldn't be too happy if I bought new injectors then had the same problem afterwards!

6speedsd

Reaction score
Did another buzz this morning. Not really cold here lately but truck has been sitting for two days. 1,3,5, and 8 still act funny. One time they will all buzz, next time one of them won't, and a couple of the others will barely click, next time they all buzz, then the next they act weak or don't buzz. BUT, every time it's the same 4 that act funny. But those four aren't on one plug off the ficm, so I don't think it's wiring related.

Maybe I just have weak injectors!

renegade

Reaction score
I would try Archoil 9100 before replacing any injectors it is cheaper than Rev-x or HSS and I have had much better luck with it, my 03 6.0 started like yours and now barely rattles at -20 unplugged, it won't hurt and if nothing else may at least postpone replacing injectors. I have several friends that continue running it even after new injectors.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Never did do anything else with the truck. I had planned on just replacing injectors back last year when I started this thread, but some things came up and took the cash I had set aside for them. If it's below 40 degrees outside I just plug it up the night before. I actually ran some Archoil through it a few months ago. Didn't really notice a difference at all. Truck runs and drives fine... it's just sluggish and a little smoky until you get it warmed up if it wasn't plugged in on a cold night. Yesterday for example... it sat at work all day unplugged, temps in the mid 30's, fired it up and it chugged and surged until it warmed up then cleared up. Good bit of blueish smoke until it warmed up.

It's just a couple weak injectors. I'll eventually get around to replacing them. Just seems like every time I get money set aside for it, something happens and they take a back seat for a while. For now, I have no problem just plugging it up.

Latest posts

Members online