Options on best folks to rebuild icon shocks

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
I have a complete set of shocks from Icon. They are the 2.5" remote piggy back omega series for a 2.5" lift that I need rebuilt. Seals are leaking and one is completely blown.

If I do rebuild they will go on my 2015 F350 6.7 powerstroke SRW 4x4 long bed.

Any help would be great.

azdbllung

Reaction score
I have seen this ALOT with Icon and the super dutys. I dont think they have the valving correct. I run Fox and haven't had a leaky shock.

Wrecker

Reaction score
I had the new VS2.0 Icon's on my last truck, within a month one of them completely blew out everything. The new replacement shock from icon leaked right of the batt too. In the rear the bottom seal in the cap was so tight that it didn't let any oil film lube the shaft and the shock sounded like nails on a chalk board over every little bump in the road. They had to replace the rear shocks 5 different times until I finally got a set that wasn't messed up.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score

Thanks,

Worst part is I sent them down to Superduty HQ late last summer/fall after approximately 50,000-55,000 miles of trouble free miles. They started to ride a bit rougher than when new so I thought I would send the shocks down to where I bought them and have 'me gone through. The "rebuild" did not last the winter. Hence checking out options.

I'll call Icon tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online