OUO 525

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
I've heard some bad about the tires myself but Ill run 'em for now see what I think. I really don't have another option at this height. I don't wanna throw a 40 under it and to run a 37 I'd want to lower the truck to 10" to look right. If I start having problems ill lower it.

Elliott

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to see the Fuel tire along side a Toyo MT. There's quite a difference in in the rubber durometer ( hardness). The Fuel felt way softer than the Toyo. Tread pattern pretty much the same, Fuel has some syping. These Fuel tires may work better for the guys that have the extreme 4 seasons. ( Softer rubber and more syping would make them stick better on ice and snow vs the Toyo MT).

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I've heard some bad about the tires myself but Ill run 'em for now see what I think. I really don't have another option at this height. I don't wanna throw a 40 under it and to run a 37 I'd want to lower the truck to 10" to look right. If I start having problems ill lower it.

I know what you mean, wish there were more 38" options. When I wear through my sets of 37"s I am going to a 38". Kind of need it on the road to do that though.

Dan

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to see the Fuel tire along side a Toyo MT. There's quite a difference in in the rubber durometer ( hardness). The Fuel felt way softer than the Toyo. Tread pattern pretty much the same, Fuel has some syping. These Fuel tires may work better for the guys that have the extreme 4 seasons. ( Softer rubber and more syping would make them stick better on ice and snow vs the Toyo MT).

i have 38x15.5 toyo mt's and love every moment of em. i have 25xxx miles on em and 1/2 tread on rears and 95% fronts... wearing imo real well for what they go through
my too cents:clapping:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score

Are you coming to Ennis this weekend?

Jesse_01

Reaction score

I thought the fuel time felt similar to the nitto trail grapper. Which is what I thought it was untill I looked closer.

But I would run toyo all the way imo. They are more money for a reason.

If some one ran either of those tires on ice and snow as there winter tire, they would look like a jerk off. I laugh at those people all the time when their truck is all smashed up. See it lots with the oil patch kids.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
I thought the fuel time felt similar to the nitto trail grapper. Which is what I thought it was untill I looked closer.

But I would run toyo all the way imo. They are more money for a reason.

If some one ran either of those tires on ice and snow as there winter tire, they would look like a jerk off. I laugh at those people all the time when their truck is all smashed up. See it lots with the oil patch kids.

uh oh!!! hahahaha i guess im an oil patch kid! i run toyo mts all year round to and from fort mac and have absolutely no issues even with them even being a 15.5 wide!!!!

i agree there arent a "blizzax" or whatever but with stability controll and traction controll and all that fancy stuff they still keep me shiny side up on glair ice!!!

just going to throw this into the mix here!!

Jesse_01

Reaction score
uh oh!!! hahahaha i guess im an oil patch kid! i run toyo mts all year round to and from fort mac and have absolutely no issues even with them even being a 15.5 wide!!!!

i agree there arent a "blizzax" or whatever but with stability controll and traction controll and all that fancy stuff they still keep me shiny side up on glair ice!!!

just going to throw this into the mix here!!

Haha yeah you guys have lots of money to pay for repairs if you do ditch it lol.
I did see someone have studded toyo mt on their dodge today.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
How about that? I send you a PM to check on how you're doing and start to look around to see if I can find you, and here you are! You're own thread for your new ProjecT! Looks absolutely incredible, as always. You always build the best looking SD's out there. That's why I bought your 6.0 off ya. :)

Love the new wheels and shocks too! Here's a spoiler for everyone else... but I want nice high res pics please sir! (at least I'm assuming this is yours)

66343__722x480_lifted_2012_f250_1.jpg

Crack85

Reaction score
^^^ what r u talking about? That's not a 525 kit. Just OUO lift with king shocks.....that truck now sits on a 525 kit...

SAK

Reaction score
^^^ what r u talking about? That's not a 525 kit. Just OUO lift with king shocks.....that truck now sits on a 525 kit...

That truck is actually an Icon lift with King coil overs, Icon 4 link, OUO traction bars and rear diff cover. The truck has not changed either.

Crack85

Reaction score
That truck is actually an Icon lift with King coil overs, Icon 4 link, OUO traction bars and rear diff cover. The truck has not changed either.

Thanks for correction, still confused on why he called it 525.

Crack85

Reaction score
Because Jons truck is sitting on a 525 series lift. The truck Super Diesel posted a picture of is a different truck completely.

I'm talking about the truck in pic..... The person quoted that here's a sneak peak etc....

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Well alrighty then fellas. I was wrong, that's not Jon's truck. Very similar to his last two trucks, so I made an assumption that it was his - since he was still waiting on his shocks and American Force wheels. This has Carli shocks and looks damn near identical to what his 6.7 looked like a few months ago, from his first few pics. That's why I said "I'm assuming this is your truck". Still a badass looking rig.

Since this apparently isn't your truck Jon, let's see some updated pics!

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Whats up Chris, good to hear from you. Trucks done pretty much - I still have my bypass shocks and a few other parts to put on. I've been insanely busy this new year and just haven't had any time or been home long enough to get anything moving along. I'll try and get some pictures posted up when its all finished up.

Hope you've been doing good bud. Where did the 6.0 end up after you sold it?

Super Diesel

Reaction score
Whats up Chris, good to hear from you. Trucks done pretty much - I still have my bypass shocks and a few other parts to put on. I've been insanely busy this new year and just haven't had any time or been home long enough to get anything moving along. I'll try and get some pictures posted up when its all finished up.

Hope you've been doing good bud. Where did the 6.0 end up after you sold it?

Everything's great man, getting married in 2 weeks. :lookaround:

I'm glad to hear that you've been keeping busy, but you've never stayed still for long. You ever finish school? I'll give you a buzz a little later (tried calling you just a few minutes ago).

The 6.0 Harley was sold to a guy here in Georgia. I still keep in touch with him every few months, just to make sure everything's doing well. Great guy. I don't think the truck has 110k miles on it yet. He never drives it.

I'll take down the pic of the imposter truck... that I posted.... in the meantime, you should post some more pics of your truck if you've got anything new done to it. :clapping: