Ouo vs cal tracs

jtpappy

Reaction score
Like the title says which setup should I run?
I have cal tracs now and they are great for the track, cutting a 1.60 60'. But they ride rough and make noise.... I have a chance to get some OUO bolt on bars and wondering if I should give it a shot. I will be towing all most everyday next season but going to the track every Friday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White_monster

Reaction score
Depends what you want from your truck. Cal tracs will plant the rear end better but they are noisy compared to ouo. Cal tracs require adjust to tow as ride will change. Street driven I'd go ouo. Track I'd go cal tracs.

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
I'm also looking at OUO bars, will the bolt on hold up as good as weld on? I've been told to go weld on but I feel you guys have more experience than the guys giving me advice lol.

6.4sleeper

Reaction score
Thanks, I probably should've added I'm only Spartan tuned and fully deleted. I just wanna put some bars on it to keep everything stiff and not tear it up, I'm always paranoid of breaking something LOL

NathannialD

Reaction score
i had caltracs and now OUO's i never recommend the caltracs, no pros over the OUO's. The OUO's in my experience keep wheel hop down much more than the caltracs and the OUO's dont ride like crap on the street.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for your help man! :thumbsup:

depends on if your truck is lifted. there arent any factory height traction blocks. that being said, i run the universal axle mounts on my stock height truck , they work great !

Latest posts

Members online