Overhauled Bumpers & Lighting on a 2011

O&G

Reaction score
I bought the Truck used 3.5 years ago with a majority of the upgrades already done. I removed all the old HID wiring, etc... and replaced it with LED bulbs. I've had an issue with the driver side front blinker not blinking. Ford is aware of the issue and says it's BCM related. I've had it reset before and it worked for awhile, but the problem showed up again a few months ago. Hopefully after this next reset, the BCM will be happy without all the extra wiring, HID's, etc...

While upgrading all the lighting I decided to clean all the rust and damage on the Fab Fours bumpers and coat them with some quality undercoating. Painting is all in the prep, but it was a challenge seeing as I'm in the West Texas oil patch and it's basically a desert. I had to wait for the right weather to tackle this project.

New Parts:
- Rigid amber fog lights
- Rigid reverse lights
- New Fab Fours marker lights and fog lights
- LED bulbs all around
- Spyder projector headlights
- paint and prep supplies

Old Setup:

PlanetBeach_zps2ay83ks6.jpg

claybar_zpssg5nikmf.jpg

Project Photos:

paint%203_zpsk3083ys7.jpg

paint%209_zpsl4ufy6na.jpg

paint%204_zpsrvypkx6w.jpg

paint%2012_zpsqptabifm.jpg

paint%2076_zps2kzgs98q.jpg

paint%208_zps7ucusd93.jpg

paint1_zps6lpfnu6e.jpg

paint%206_zpsoqtyzvh5.jpg

paint%2010_zpsgkinmbod.jpg

paint%2013_zpscn40eyzj.jpg

paint%2014_zpsaruzvncp.jpg

paint%2016_zps4ygddmhj.jpg

paint%2015_zpsntzeefbm.jpg

O&G

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, even got some complements from some GMC guys at the RV park bar/store. He was sure to say "I don't normally give compliments". LOL!

I found a short video on load resistors and the issues I was having with my blinkers. I'm going to give this a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VukdX9f0CXU

I also noticed my front marker bulbs were both blown. I replaced the bulbs with LED bulbs and they still don't turn on. Trying to source a fuse or another issue before I take it to the dealership for a BCM checkup.

O&G

Reaction score
I figured out that having the blinkers on while installing new lights is crucial, along with marker lights. I wired in 4 resistors on all corners. All problems fixed!

Jomax

Reaction score
You can turn off the rapid flash in the computer, saves you from having to add resistors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O&G

Reaction score
You can turn off the rapid flash in the computer, saves you from having to add resistors.

Yea, it's all in the BCM settings, but I'm not paying all that $$$ for the software, I haven't found a dealership that would change the settings due to "safety" reasons and I haven't been by a shop that tunes in some time. When I upgrade from the stock turbo I'll tell the tuner to throw that change in my tune, but for now the resistors seem to be doing the job and it was an easy fix.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Yea, it's all in the BCM settings, but I'm not paying all that $$$ for the software, I haven't found a dealership that would change the settings due to "safety" reasons and I haven't been by a shop that tunes in some time. When I upgrade from the stock turbo I'll tell the tuner to throw that change in my tune, but for now the resistors seem to be doing the job and it was an easy fix.

I don't think a tuner could fix that. you could always get Forscan for free and do it yourself. The only expense is the obd adapter

Kxc

Reaction score
ELM327 WIFI Wireless ELM327 OBD2 OBDII Auto Diagnostic Scanner Tool Adapter for Smartphone / PC / iOS / iPhone/ iPad/ iTouch /Mac https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QRE0OOA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Sk2Myb9ZHKENN

$22 adapter and the software is free. Excellent datalogging as well with readings that don't show up on most tuners like low pressure fuel readings , timing , vgt % , trans slip. There's a lot more too I'm just learning it.

O&G

Reaction score
ELM327 WIFI Wireless ELM327 OBD2 OBDII Auto Diagnostic Scanner Tool Adapter for Smartphone / PC / iOS / iPhone/ iPad/ iTouch /Mac https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QRE0OOA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Sk2Myb9ZHKENN

$22 adapter and the software is free. Excellent datalogging as well with readings that don't show up on most tuners like low pressure fuel readings , timing , vgt % , trans slip. There's a lot more too I'm just learning it.

Nice, I'm going to check it out. You can't beat free software, I'm surprised it doesn't have a membership or renewal fees. From my experience most aftermarket tuning software gives you access to the same options in the BCM & ECU as the standard software the techs use at a dealership, etc... I even believe the H&S Maxx Calibration software has the option.

Latest posts

Members online