p0069, p0193, p2539 plus *#@&%$

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
2013 6.7 with these codes randomly popping up, truck runs great but on decel the turbo will sputter with white smoke out the exhaust and occasionally die. Will restart and run great as long as you are accelerating. Freeze frame data showed -40 on fuel temp sensor. Truck runs fine when cold but acts up once it is up to operating temp. When it acts up I can watch boost gauge jump back and forth with IDS showing vacuum on map sensor at times, I can disconnect map sensor and it will run fine just lazy.

I have tried known good Mass air meter, back pressure sensor, rail temp sensor, Map sensor. Thought I would ask before I pull more hair out.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I know this post is old BUT, me and my buddy were taking off his aftermarket intercooler piping and EGR plates off the truck to trade his 15' in for a 16. He left the deletes in and his air intake. P0193 popped up. We tried EVERYTHING.....

After reading about someones similar experience on the org, who tried replacing sensors and doing multiple tests, we figured out the problem....
The guy in the org even replaced the PCM. Still no luck. Apparently he used a voltage reader and found that the sensors were getting 1.2v instead of 5....The OP's original question and problem ended there with result.

So my friend and I looked all around and found THIS.

Pinched EGR butterfly valve wiring inbetween the intake manifold and the butterfly valve. This is the reason we got P0193 this evening. Pinched wire. These ECMs are VERY sensitive. Very glad we didnt fry it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Edit:

Meant to say no result*

And I get ECU/ECM/PCM mixed up more than skittles. Sorry LOL

Latest posts

Members online