P0087, P0088, reduced engine power

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Fight that! I would insist that you want to see everything and get pictures/proof. I think they are doing anything possible to get out of warranty work.

HD F250

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad luck Dustin. I hope you can bust them trying to make a buck by claiming BS repairs. It's sad, but u know it's happening at a lot of dealers.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Once a month only ever got maybe 2 drops out of it ever
im wondering if the stock h2o/fuel separator isn't good enough or if it is letting just enough h2o through or just plain bad fuel to allow whatever alloys they use in the fuel system to rust. guess ill look harder into getting the dieselsite kit or figuring out a better pre filter.

live life full throttle

TD-5

Reaction score
What a Crock!, the Diesel Forums are full of these horror stories. It seems Ford Motor Company has conveniently found a loop hole to deny warranty when their dealers find evidence of rust in the fuel system. They claim its the owners fault for not properly maintaining their trucks fuel system, when in all probability it is more likely due to an inadequately designed fuel/water separator & filtering system & very poor quality fuel being supplied by the oil companies & their distributors. Most of us here have a good understanding of how these engines work & can call BULLS#$T when they try to pull one over on us, but there are so many stories of MA & PA Public getting screwed it makes me sick. I wonder how auto makers manage to keep selling this poorly engineered garbage & stay in business.

Here is an interesting thread from another forum on someone with 6.4 fuel system problems. Some interesting insite from a couple of responders that appear to be Ford techs in the know. Note the reference to dealer "126" numbers, & a "water in fuel job aid"

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f35/2010-6-4-diesel-warranty-issues-453641/

RedRice589

Reaction score
Boy I hope mine has this issue and I take it to the dealer to let them deal with it.it'll show way more than recommended service and that the repair bill is on them. That's a total crock. Hope it gets resolved.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I fought and fought today, called customer service, called the dealer yet again to plea my case with no luck.

Customer service told me that they have no control over warranty issues and that the dealerships are soley responsible for warranty claims. They just have an auditor that stops in on certain things and verifies that its indeed warranty. The dealer claims they called their local rep and basically told me to pound sand.

I keep arguing how does a truck with ***ing 0 accounds, codes, miles logged, key cycles of water in the fuel have a rusted fuel system? Sounds to me like a poor water seperator or notification for the driver... I argued till I was blue in the face and no one and Ford gives a ***... so I'm over it. I've been looking at dodges all day...

I work for a cat dealer, I totally understand that fuel isnt perfect. I have seen water/seperator bowls fill up all the way with fuel untill the machine wont run anymore. Change the filter and they run fine for many more hours. I just flat don't get it.

I could understand if i drove 100 miles with the water in fuel light on. But no even once has it ever came off so how am i supposed to know there is a problem? Thats right I dont! So remind me how thats my or my insurance problem? Again its not.

I think im going to go back to higher mile trucks that are paid for, tuned ect and just fix them myselves. At lease when it breaks down on me i can fix it in a reasonable amount of time.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
this makes me sad, considering the motors and accessories have proven so damn reliable.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I know but im super disapointed with how ford has handled everything. I have owned a lot of fords, probably 15 or more in the past 10 years.

Im sure dodge wouldnt be much better. But im ***in mad. The ONE and only truck i have never tuned, raced ect and this is how it goes down

From now on ill be voiding the warranty on my own terms LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
This just ***in blows!! I cant understand how its possible to void a warranty when there was no codes or miles driven with the warning... just plain bullchit!

please dont buy a dodge. they suck worse.

live life full throttle

uga33

Reaction score
Dustin, on FTE there is a customer service rep that frequents the forums. She has helped a lot of guys on the forum and seems to be a good avenue to use. She may can help your situation. Her name is Crystal.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Wow, that's too bad. I want another 6.7 with the waranty, but I'm nervous about the coverage. My dealer is fantastic, but they only have so much control.

HD F250

Reaction score
Total BS! Sorry to hear about your luck Dustin. I know VW has been doing same thing with their TDI's. There is a common thread here, they both use Bosch pumps. I wonder if it's two corporate companies arguing behind the scenes about liability and money. Because they can't agree they are passing the buck to the customer. Corporate america only cares about bottom line profit. Sad, but true......

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.