P0107 Help

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
Last night I was in my 2000 F250 7.3 6 speed, I had pulled through a dealership looking for a new car for the wife, switched the chip on "whisper" mode while I was talking to the salesman. As I went to pull off I switched the chip back to my normal 90hp tune, as I did this the engine nearly cut off but caught back up, the wait to start light and the SES light came on as if I had just switched the key on. It has done this before maybe a time or two, I just figured it got caught between tunes for a second, but this time the SES light came on.

Truck drove normally so I drove it on home ~20mi. I cut the truck off and restarted to see if the light went away, it didn't, so I grabbed my code reader and got P0107 (Barometric pressure sensor circuit low input). My first thought was to check the MAP sensor, but connections and tube on it seem fine. After searching it appears this is built into the PCM and may require replacing or repairing the PCM? :doh:

I cleared the code last night, but this morning, as soon as I started the truck I got a light again. I haven't gotten a chance to check the code to see if it is the same one yet, I will do that at lunch today.

Did changing the tune hurt the PCM?

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
Can you take a reading of your MAP sensor absolute and guage readings as well as the baro reading? You are correct that the baro sensor is in the pcm.

Reaction score
Last night I was in my 2000 F250 7.3 6 speed, I had pulled through a dealership looking for a new car for the wife, switched the chip on "whisper" mode while I was talking to the salesman. As I went to pull off I switched the chip back to my normal 90hp tune, as I did this the engine nearly cut off but caught back up, the wait to start light and the SES light came on as if I had just switched the key on. It has done this before maybe a time or two, I just figured it got caught between tunes for a second, but this time the SES light came on.

Truck drove normally so I drove it on home ~20mi. I cut the truck off and restarted to see if the light went away, it didn't, so I grabbed my code reader and got P0107 (Barometric pressure sensor circuit low input). My first thought was to check the MAP sensor, but connections and tube on it seem fine. After searching it appears this is built into the PCM and may require replacing or repairing the PCM? :doh:

I cleared the code last night, but this morning, as soon as I started the truck I got a light again. I haven't gotten a chance to check the code to see if it is the same one yet, I will do that at lunch today.

Did changing the tune hurt the PCM?

It does happen, I lost the pcm in an OBS last week about five minutes after installing a TS. Everything was cool and then nothing. I would try pulling the chip out first and see if the code goes away. Sometimes the 1999/2000 year trucks get stuck on codes that aren't actually there.

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
Can you take a reading of your MAP sensor absolute and guage readings as well as the baro reading? You are correct that the baro sensor is in the pcm.
I'll see what I can do on those readings.
It does happen, I lost the pcm in an OBS last week about five minutes after installing a TS. Everything was cool and then nothing. I would try pulling the chip out first and see if the code goes away. Sometimes the 1999/2000 year trucks get stuck on codes that aren't actually there.

I'll try that too.

The truck runs absolutely normal at this time, no change in power, builds boost fine, etc. This one has had the chip in it for about 1 year now with no issues.

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
Well I went out on my lunch hour to check it. Light was on just like it was on the drive to work today, but when I scanned it, it said no codes found, so I hit clear, it failed to clear, key off/on then cleared again, this time it cleared. Drove it to lunch, then back to work, no SES light. So hopefully all is well now, time will tell. Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.