P0266

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
Started the truck tonight and was sitting in it letting it idle for a few and I felt the truck kind of shake a bit. Definitely not a 'normal idle, but rpms didn't dive, no sputtering or struggling, just a very slight shake. Decided to pull codes and it popped a P0266, cylinder 2 distribution. What am I looking at here?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
take your oil vill cap off and see if ccv pressure is high. could be a malfunctioning injector or a cracked piston.

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
Just a quick update on this. Truck melted the #2 piston so it will be getting a new motor. Warranty is covering it so it's all good, just stuck driving my sister's Buick for a few weeks now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
Another update. Warranty approved a new Jasper long block and new injectors in the truck so I'm pretty pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
I would rather a motor from Ford but hell, I'm still getting a 100k mile warranty on the motor and only planning on running a dpf delete. No hot tunes or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpfanner

Reaction score
This just made me sick. I'm getting the same code on cylinder #3. My CCV is vented to the atmosphere but I haven't noticed in oil coming out or excessive blow-by...and it only throws the code when under cold idle to warm up on these awful Ohio mornings this year. The motor is a new Ford unit with all new injectors and fuel system about 20,000 miles ago...

Latest posts

Members online