P0269 code Bad injector??

straggleweed

Reaction score
P0269 Cylinder 3 Contribution/Balance

Long time reader first time poster here.

This code came up for me tonight on the way home, I cleared it and drove another 10 miles to the house. After searching all the forums and reading up on it it looks like an Injector might be acting up. There are no abnormal noises and it runs just fine like nothing is wrong (it was dark so I couldnt tell if there was any excessive smoke).

After all of the horror stories of hung injectors I dont want to start the motor again untill I can get in there and look around and maybe swap the injector.

Do any vendors on here sell a stock injector or will I have to go to the ford house to get one? What all parts will I need to do this I assume just the injector, the line from the fuel rail, and the fittings? Since this is after the HPFP will i need to bleed anything to get the air out or will it come out with a couple cranks?

I am currently running the KEM 345 and this code popped up with the P0000 code that always pops up.

Thanks

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Clear it and start it cold, check the codes at an idle every 5 minutes or so, if it comes back then you need to look into the injector, but thats not the only thing that will throw a contribution code, low compression, melted piston ext will do that too. BUT more than likely its just an injector.

Mine did that a couple years ago only when it was 10 degrees or colder outside, i replaced it with an ebay injector and later had to replace that one with a ford injector to make it right.

Sunrise offers a 25% discount on here for members so the injector will only be about 175 bucks (dont quote me on the price) and i think it should include a new tube between the injector and rail.

Since its an odd number cylinder its the passenger side 2nd one back, you will have some fun getting the piping off as well as the glow plug controller but it shouldnt be THAT bad to do cab on in your driveway, give yourself half a day to do it. You dont need to bleed anything after you do it, it wont loose enough fuel.

straggleweed

Reaction score
Thanks man. I was hoping you would pop up I seen that you had the same problem a while back when i was doing my search.

If the code doesn"t come back after several minutes of idling should everything be fine and it was just a fluke deal? I was just going down the interstate with the cruise on 65 when it came up. I didn't check the codes when I got home but the light never came on unless this is one of those codes that doesn't turn the light on. If that's the case it could have been there for a while and the P0000 is what finally got me to check the codes.

I'll give sunrise a call on monday to see how much they want for an injector if that turns out to be the problem.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
From what i have found that most injector contribution codes happen under light load light throttle conditions and esp at an idle. Thats why i suggested checking at an idle when cold, that seams to be when injectors show signs of failure first. You may have to take it back for a cruise on the highway and recheck, but if you dont get the code that often then i wouldnt worry just yet, but i understand your concern.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.