P0284 cold but nothing when hot

Tims02ford

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm pulling my hair out on this one have ae an if the truck is not plugged in it smokes like a b**** so I scan the truck cold and come back with p0284 I watch what's on your way injectors doing what and 8 is 2.3-4.1 and if the truck is plugged in starts with little smoke and either way you hear a noise on the driver side while accelerating. I get the truck up and running and operating temperature in my code does not come back and sounds decent pulled all injectors and have all new orings 1-5-7 and 2 and new with in the past 3 months # 8 was put in last oct but 7 came unseated so I replaced it any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't know what to do any more

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
A cylinder contribution test (or watching PERDEL's) is only meant to be ran when the truck is up to operating temp, as it may be inaccurate when the truck is cold.

Have you checked your GP system and all of it's components to make sure it is functioning correctly?

How many miles on the injectors? They could be worn, causing hard cold starts as well. This could be the cause of the noise as well.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
New glow plugs and relay all new o-rings and you can feel a miss fre reving 1000-1700 rpms

New injector o-rings will only correct issues that are injector o-ring related. A worn poppet valve caused issue or something else internal cannot be covered up or corrected by replacing the o-rings. How many miles on the injectors?

Latest posts

Members online