P0299 Underboost code?

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
I hooked my buddy's superchip up to my truck to scan for codes for giggles and pulled this underboost code. Stock the truck will struggle to build 22 PSI and when i ran the superchip on performance for a drive it wouldnt build more then 20 PSI of boost. Sometimes the truck is a little laggy and then will take off and other times its right there with the pedal. A couple other observations is it rarely whistles at idle its usually more of a hiss, And higher in the rpm band the truck doesnt really whistle its more of whooshing type sound and im not sure if thats normal? Is it time to take my turbo off and clean it or could it be my ebp sensor? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my work truck. Pulled the turbo off and cleaned it. Vgt actuator was stuck from rust. After cleaning it, the truck ran great. I would at least give cleaning the turbo a try before anything else. It's easy enough and doesn't cost much.

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
I will order the reinstallation kit asap then and try tackling it, thanks for the advice. Is there any tips, tricks or specific tools that would make removing/installing the turbo any easier?

Latest posts

Members online