P0401 Fartan

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Weleted with Fartan tune on 2015 w/25k miles. I've was running the original SOTF Warmmer until 2 days ago. I switched to the SOTF warhammer 2.1 (think that's it) and just got P0401 for the first time in 20k miles tuned. Running block off plate with EGR still in there. No limit stage 2 intake.

Is this another code Fartan tune puts off or do I have an issue? Getting ready for a 2k mile trip with family need to make sure I'm good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cappa

Reaction score
Are you talking the egr flow insufficient code? I am on the 2.1 as well and get the egr code, maf correlation at higher load, and exhaust pressure sensor erratic constantly. This is with the nl stage 2. Get a code almost every time I drive it. If it didn't have a working exhaust brake I would have went back to the old warhammer tunes. They have been promising the ost update with these issues addressed for a while now, but we all know how accurate their time frames are. Seems to drive great but super annoying that they release a set of tunes that wouldn't at least address the egr code.

c63 AMG

Reaction score
Are you talking the egr flow insufficient code? I am on the 2.1 as well and get the egr code, maf correlation at higher load, and exhaust pressure sensor erratic constantly. This is with the nl stage 2. Get a code almost every time I drive it. If it didn't have a working exhaust brake I would have went back to the old warhammer tunes. They have been promising the ost update with these issues addressed for a while now, but we all know how accurate their time frames are. Seems to drive great but super annoying that they release a set of tunes that wouldn't at least address the egr code.

I believe that's the one. I may just go back to the original file then. I still get a code with that as well but at least I know it's safe to drive.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
You have to do a hard reset on the tune. Load stock then load 2.1 must run factory intake if you actually "use" your truck..... Patriot refuses to fix anything.

Their customer support is about 99% none existent. Great tunes, but wont finish what they started.... this is going on for several years now. Albeit they got threatened and hammered by the epa over a year ago....

Still sucks, cant use my no limit intake. And i must run the beta 2.1 file pulling my 39ft camper. Its the onky tune wjth a Exhaust brake that works.

However warhammer 2.1 sucks in sotf... where warhammer 600 2.1 stand alone is awesome.

They tried but are being surpassed quickly by other competition..... did i mention how horrible their customer support is!!!!!!!!! Lol...

I run warhammer not because its the best engine tune, but because the trans tune is SPOT ON and right when towing heavy.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
You have to do a hard reset on the tune. Load stock then load 2.1 must run factory intake if you actually "use" your truck..... Patriot refuses to fix anything.

Their customer support is about 99% none existent. Great tunes, but wont finish what they started.... this is going on for several years now. Albeit they got threatened and hammered by the epa over a year ago....

Still sucks, cant use my no limit intake. And i must run the beta 2.1 file pulling my 39ft camper. Its the onky tune wjth a Exhaust brake that works.

However warhammer 2.1 sucks in sotf... where warhammer 600 2.1 stand alone is awesome.

They tried but are being surpassed quickly by other competition..... did i mention how horrible their customer support is!!!!!!!!! Lol...

I run warhammer not because its the best engine tune, but because the trans tune is SPOT ON and right when towing heavy.
Yeah,been there done that w PATRIOT.I now have 2 out of 3 of the trucks I own,tuned by PPEI.It gets old having to constantly call,and then being told to send a email to them.Even though I finally got through on the phone.

redneck1

Reaction score
Sportchassis06, been there done that also. A lot of empty promises. How many times you heard it's (revisions) going to be out by the end of the month, week? Or you didn't install the tune right, your truck is different than most, etc. But I thought their customer service was great, always got a hold of them.

OP, get ez lynk and walk away. A lot of tuners will change things the same day. GDP, Ppei, pci, spe to start with. Even fartan/patriot if you want to give a couple hundred more away for the same thing you're getting everywhere else. But at least you can change tuners without buying a whole new setup after your initial purchase.

I've seen 49 psi exhaust back pressure on my exhaust brake with Morgan's tunes.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Getting a hold of and customer consumer based support are 2 different things.

Patriot has zero. I'm shocked they are into the 17's truthfully.... Good luck to the 17 owners!! Because historically they have left everyone else in the dirt with unfinished products.

cappa

Reaction score
Op, I wouldn't switch tuning devices just yet. If they do follow through with the ost release you'll be much better off with the ngauge or ndash if that's what your running. Not to mention spending all that money on a new tuner. I am going to stand by till the revision comes out. They said it should be out about 3 weeks ago so it should be a couple months yet thou. I agree they over promise and under deliver allot of times but the tunes are far from bad, just some small issues

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Op, I wouldn't switch tuning devices just yet. If they do follow through with the ost release you'll be much better off with the ngauge or ndash if that's what your running. Not to mention spending all that money on a new tuner. I am going to stand by till the revision comes out. They said it should be out about 3 weeks ago so it should be a couple months yet thou. I agree they over promise and under deliver allot of times but the tunes are far from bad, just some small issues
LMAO

c63 AMG

Reaction score
I had one of the first ezlynk devices and still using it. Not sure if there is a newer version. Got a couple other error codes with the 2.1 revision. Switched back to the original warhammer and back to normal with just the one error code. Be nice to just have one tune that worked but...

CATDiezel

Reaction score

The small issues are a big deal. Like no soft pedal decel when you kill cruise control. Slams fuel OFF. Learn to drive around that. No ability to run aftermarket air filter if you want no codes and retain exhaust brake and remote start. Best shifting is in smokiest tune setting. .. stuff like that.

Yes OST will be Nice, but dammmm..... really. 2 years and 3 weeks is 3 months and counting !!!

Lol

c63 AMG

Reaction score
The fuel cut off with cruise SUCKS it's annoying as ****.

cappa

Reaction score
Didn't realize you had a ezlink already, much cheaper to switch then if that's the route you go. My pockets aren't that deep so I'm sticking it out. I never noticed that cruise issue but I think I have always got on the pedal before turning cruise off out of habit so maybe that's why.

ckrueg

Reaction score
The fuel cutoff is not a glitch, it's due to the quick response pedal in the tune. I actually prefer it over stock where you shut off cruise and the truck keeps going for 2 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
My truck responded best to hitting the cancel/resume switch to turn off the cruise. Otherwise you get a nasty bang in the drive line, especially if you're towing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The fuel cutoff is not a glitch, it's due to the quick response pedal in the tune. I actually prefer it over stock where you shut off cruise and the truck keeps going for 2 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Its the BANG when towing. Sure its nice, but it still bangs everything from the flywheel to the rear wheels when not towing.

The SINGLE file Warhammer 600 2.1 has the soft deceleration back in it. However the SOTF 2.1 has the BANG.

Its very unpleasant if your making a quick stab of the brakes towing heavy...

So far out of ALL Patriots tunes or (Fartan as the OP referred) the Warhammer 600 v2.1 is by far the BEST file of all of them... including towing heavy, just have to be smart with it. Only bummer is for everything to work properly you must have the factory intake filter installed. Otherwise nothing works right and codes non-stop.

Thanks for making things right Patriot!!! Hats off to you!! LOL :fustrate:

Reaction score
I just tuned my 2017 with Patriot yesterday and I sincerely hope that this doesnt turn into a bad deal as others have mentioned. I had a ton of questions leading up to the decision of my purchase and they were very responsive about it. Jeff was even answering emails to me late friday night about installation, tune info etc which I thought was pretty awesome. I also had to email them on Sunday about a question and Jeff also responded within 10 min. This is my first experience with them mostly due to the reasons everyone has mentioned and how they disappear. But with all this talk, now you have me possibly regretting this purchase :flush: So far I havent had any codes and I have an S&B intake. It is loaded on the 600 tune, 2017 V1.1, not a shift on the fly tune. Time will tell I guess, I just hope I didnt make a bad purchase here as I went out on a limb to try them for the first time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.