P1211 and P0238

bordo380

Reaction score
Diesel newbie here.
I got these codes on my 7.3 Excursion. After research I see that these are codes due to over pressure from a tune.
I do have a TS-P 6 position chip.
I guess I will clear them out and see if they come back. Any way to avoid these or is there an actual problem?
I was pulling my boat just cruising at 2k rpm. Not being hard at all. So?
It has 256k miles on it and I'm pretty sure HPOP is original.

Also my wasgate is making chirping sound right at the 3rd-4th shift as well as accelerating in Overdrive. Maybe this is the culprit.

Sorry for the book.
If anyone can offer advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
57fd28801dec125d642cde5ff05bad35.jpg

Last edited:

bordo380

Reaction score
Codes cleared and rolling along fine so far. Now to figure out waste gate chirp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Justin I was also getting this code on my 97. I have new injector. New icp and new hpop. Once I installed new hpop it prevented alot of the codes but occasionally I still get one. I'm running TW tunes ( not happy with) could this cause it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Tony does not stop the overboost codes, it is a soft code, the light will go out after a few minutes of driving at under 25 lbs. of boost. The ICP lower or higher than demanded is simply an HPOP that cannot keep up with demand. Same thing, if you stop demanding high ICP for a few miles, the light will go out.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Justin I was also getting this code on my 97. I have new injector. New icp and new hpop. Once I installed new hpop it prevented alot of the codes but occasionally I still get one. I'm running TW tunes ( not happy with) could this cause it.

But have a new 17 deg hpop.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

Are your referring to the P1211 code?

Do you have a scan tool to monitor ICP and IPR duty cycle?

Still running stock injectors?

Arisley

Reaction score
But have a new 17 deg hpop.

A chip with good 17º HPOP and decent injectors, in higher tunes, will call for more ICP than can be delivered. Expecially when you stick your foot in the throttle. Even on lower tunes, when WOT, will run out of ICP before you get through a 1/4 mile.

Remember, with a chip, you are going to substantially more than stock performance. If you don't have the mods to support it, the truck cannot do what you ask of it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
A chip with good 17º HPOP and decent injectors, in higher tunes, will call for more ICP than can be delivered. Expecially when you stick your foot in the throttle. Even on lower tunes, when WOT, will run out of ICP before you get through a 1/4 mile.

Remember, with a chip, you are going to substantially more than stock performance. If you don't have the mods to support it, the truck cannot do what you ask of it.

Bottom line right here...

g2outfitter

Reaction score
Thank you that's my problem. Not sure any other mods I can do. Just need to live with it I guess. And yes running edge cts as gauges so can monitor .

New 160/30 injectors
Air
Exhaust
Efuel
D66 turbo
New hpop

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Thank you that's my problem. Not sure any other mods I can do. Just need to live with it I guess. And yes running edge cts as gauges so can monitor .

New 160/30 injectors
Air
Exhaust
Efuel
D66 turbo
New hpop

Where did you get the HPOP from? Normally, a quality re-maned HPOP can keep up with 160/30's.

g2outfitter

Reaction score
What should those read if everything is working correctly. My cts will monitor those

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
What should those read if everything is working correctly. My cts will monitor those

Well, most tuners will normally call for around 2800-3000psi of ICP. So on a WOT run, you should be able to hit and hold around that number. If your IPR Duty Cycle is 65% +, that pump is doing about as much as it can to keep up. Monitor PW at WOT as well and see where it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.