P1316 comes and goes

Dzlsmok

Reaction score
I keep getting a p1316 code that randomly comes and goes. Sometimes it comes at start up and sometimes it come while driving down the road. It will also go away for a few days as well.
Here is a screen shot from AE. I have 170/30 injectors and a Hydra with Gearhead tunes on a 2000 Excursion.
Any ideas where to go?

jaybuller

Reaction score
Do a buzz test through Ae to see what codes are stored in the idm(if you haven't already) I can't read your screen shot for some reason. Could be a loose fitting connection between the uvch and the inj, or a loose or bad connection where the harness bolts to the idm harness over on the driver side valve cover, could be a bad idm, could be a bad injector. You need to get the codes out of the idm first though.

Dzlsmok

Reaction score
How do You get the IDM codes cause I've tried and I cannot get them.

Dzlsmok

Reaction score
P1271 and P1277 High to low open side #1 and #7

Thanks Power Struck!

jaybuller

Reaction score
well you can check all your connectons....ohm those two cyl through the driver side valve cover harness to see if you have th correct resistance readings. you may want to try and swap the number 1 injector with the number 3 injector and see if the problem follows the stick or stays with the #1. if it follows you know your injector has the problem. if it stays with #1 then you have a wiring/connection or IDM issue. and you can go from there.

Dzlsmok

Reaction score
#1 and #7 are on the passenger side. I will check it with a DVOM.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online