P2043

TWEETER

Reaction score
Ok my buddies 2012 F250 keeps telling him to check his coolant additive. I put my AE on it and it pulled that code but I cant really find a definite answer on what it is. I typed P2043 and "reductant tank" in the search and nothing came up. We took it by the dealer today (big mistake in Carlsbad, NM) and they are a bunch of retards and didn't know why it was saying to check the coolant additive. We didn't let them "diag" it because they wanted $140 just for that. So if y'all can give us some help it would be very appreciated.

2012 F250
Stock
48xxx

Thanks in advance for the help

Tweeter

SootRoller

Reaction score
Urea heater. Replace the heater and sender. Very common code when the climate starts to change. The check additive light means just that, check the additive. If he isn't concerned about it his owners manual will tell him how to clear the additive message. It's just a coincidence the additive light and mil are on together.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
coolant additive light can be changed from the dash. You should take it to the quick lube they will stick a couple test strips in there and tell him its good to go and reset the light.

carcare

Reaction score
Go into ur heads up display and navigate through you will find coolant reset. It is a timed mileage interval. Reductant level sensor is in the dpf holding tank. Needs a new one if code comes back. Ford has had big problems w them as every manufacturer is. Get a new tank install clear codes and drive. Or delete it.💪👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.