P2074 - Just will not go away

jwanck11

Reaction score
P2074 - P2074 Ford - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Air Flow - Throttle Position Correlation at Higher Load

Possible Causes:

- Large vacuum leak on the engine
- Faulty Manifold Pressure (MAP) sensor
- Faulty Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

I have replaced the MAP and MAF sensors - no dice.
I have checked for any vacuum leaks - can't find any or hear any.
Tunes do not change the frequency of the CEL popping up
I went to stock and back to a tune
SCT x4 is firmware updated

The CEL comes on after a couple of days of driving and can happen as a result of heavy acceleration and/or just tooling down the highway with the cruise on at 74mph.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this damn CEL and/or issue that is causing the CEL is greatly appreciated.

Mine is a 2015, full delete, No Limit Stage 2 CAI, IDP tunes.

jwanck11

Reaction score
I switched from PiP tunes... had it with PiP and now have them with IDP. Come to think of it, I will go back to the tow tune - not sure I saw the CEL come up with the tow tune in.

If your CEL went away with a tune change, that would drive me nuts as there is nothing mechanical that I conceivably can fix.

Notneb

Reaction score
Did you have v7.2? I no longer have any of the stock intercooler/intake and the EGR is gone, so that might have something to do with it. I would call up PIP or IDP and talk to them, see what they can do.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Have you talked to Innovative? They just tweaked some tunes for me for a Low fuel rail pressure code that I kept getting at the track. I'm still offshore so I haven't had a chance to try them tho.

Charles

jwanck11

Reaction score
Nope, haven't connected with them. That is the next step. Odd that trucks with the same strategy as mine are not having the issue and most that do replace the MAF and it clears the problem up.

I have to look what version I am on. I think it is the latest.

I've loaded the tow tune - so will wait a week to see if the CEL lights and go from there.

Thanks for the replies.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
What's your strategy code? I have basically the same setup as you minus the full EGR delete. I just have the Blockoff Kit from Mike.

Charles

ABP

Reaction score
Add me to the list. I have two 2015's with the same setup as the original poster. Both throw the P2074 codes. I just started a thread on powerstroke.org as was told updating the SCT X4 would fix the issue. Sounds like that's not the case?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Add me to the list. I have two 2015's with the same setup as the original poster. Both throw the P2074 codes. I just started a thread on powerstroke.org as was told updating the SCT X4 would fix the issue. Sounds like that's not the case?

p2074 has nothing to do with the intake. thats a code that can only be fixed with goint to another tuner unfortunately. i thought you said you had p0204 which IS an actual intake code. IDP unfortunately cant support any tune revisions due to major changes and the fact they will not support any off road tuning .

Last edited:

ABP

Reaction score
So the P2074 is caused by the SCT X4 or by the ********** tunes? As I read it seems some have the same issue and others do not. Maybe the strategy code of the truck is the difference? Both of my trucks with this issue have the same strategy code.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
So the P2074 is caused by the SCT X4 or by the ********** tunes?

the tunes. this may have been fixed in the latest SCT update though , but idp has not confirmed.

ABP

Reaction score
I will run the update for a while and report back. My strategy code is DDDH0A3 if others with the same issue want to check theirs.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Kind of makes me scared to Change my tunes any when I go to the track lol. I have still yet to get that code with the I*P tunes, But my luck if I change to the Race Tune when I go to the track I may end up getting the CEL. I've driven with both the Hot Street and the Race files and never had an issue tho. My strategy code is DDDF2A7.

Charles

ABP

Reaction score
Kind of makes me scared to Change my tunes any when I go to the track lol. I have still yet to get that code with the I*P tunes, But my luck if I change to the Race Tune when I go to the track I may end up getting the CEL. I've driven with both the Hot Street and the Race files and never had an issue tho. My strategy code is DDDF2A7.

Charles

How are your EGT's on the hot street tune? If I floor it from a stop mine will pass 1500 degrees by 60 mph. I stopped running the tune because I didn't want to melt down the motor.

syrupdawg

Reaction score
I'm getting the p2074 code on my truck too on the hot street tune. I can clear it and it will come back within a day or so. IDP tunes on a x4

Latest posts

Members online