Paint matched headlights

Pmac21

Reaction score
All I did was clean everything with alcohol, spray a few coats of adhesion promoter, and then a few coats of white and black. Just make sure you get tem sealed back really well I had one that leaked so I had to take it out and dry it and put another bead of silicone around the rvt.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
don't mean to hijack. but check this out bean. looks good on our colors. mine:

Eric@One of my mobile units

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329796783.278291.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329796783.278291.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 57

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Definately paint the reflector. I want to get rid of my reflector but leave mine chrome. I wish I could find out how to make the 08-10 van headlights fit

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
to whom it may concern.

it is illegal to have red reflectors, or red lights on the front of the vehicle, in any manner of running or turn signal type light, that face side ways or straight ahead.

city might not catch it, county might catch it, state will catch it.

if you paint that reflector red, it needs to be solid red, not a reflector red.

any type of sideways or forward facing REFLECTOR OR LIGHT needs to be amber, on the front of the vehicle.

red is strictly for rear facing lights or reflectors.

if your just goin to paint it to match the truck, then your fine. solid, and non reflection red is ok in that location. AS LONG AS, you have a amber light on the front corner, that both shines forwards and side ways, like that light does at night.

its no different than a semi, you need marker lights. however you do it, you need marker lights.

im sure you dont have to ask me how i found out how to word that just like that either. 4 tickets later, i put the reflector back on.

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
im not saying it was, just throwing that out there, for future readers who come along.

some ppl know that, some ppl dont. :D

Latest posts

Members online