Painted or polished.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I'm putting 225s and a barder 68 in my 06 f350. What do y'all think I should do? Polish the turbo? Or paint it? Including the intercooler tubes. The truck is white . With two tone tan. The intake elbow is already white from cfm. What do y'all like better polishing or painted?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I like both but mine is currently polished. If one pipe is already white, i'd do white. Just my .02

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea the cfm elbow came white. But truck source said when white gets hot it turns yellow! But that cfm elbow I've had for years and it's fine. But it also doesn't get hot either. I think I'm just gunna end up getting it polished. My truck on the outside is white and chrome anyway. I don't have that murdered out look. I have chrome but not overly done chrome lol.
Thanks for your imput.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea man it's just the intake elbow that's white. Not the whole pipe the rest of the pipe is just steel color. So it might match perfect if I get the rest all polished. Then leave that little intake elbow white. The guys tsd uses this polisher guy and they only use him and smwear by him .

Radioflyer

Reaction score
When polishing is done right, it looks beautiful IMO:
2158_zps8792d2a4.jpg

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Who polished yours? Why isn't your cold side inter cooler tube not polished? Or is it? Is that a 6.4 or no? The plastic is from one but the hood latch should be near your bumper

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Mines a 6.4, and the compressor housing I ordered polished. The pipe coming off of the turbo isn't because at the time the kit was made I was indecisive on what I was going to do. One day I'll have it polished. The rest of the plumbing No Limit fab and they polish it.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Is your hood latch up top tho? I know 6.4 hVe the latch below. I
Can't see the grille either on the hood? Because it's attached right.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Latch is right infront of the plastic "Powerstroke" piece and yes the grill stay's attached to the hood. The release latch is down below.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Ok yea sorry the pic didn't look like the grille was there. My brother has a 6.4 and the setup looks different. That's not a stock turbo right ?

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Did you buy your cold air intake or make it? I wish mine was metal I could get it polished. My last Afe intake was but I changed to a s and b in close filter with the plastic tube.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Purchased. No limit fab has one for 6.0's. I can get you a price if you like. They come polished

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Here's what it looks like with the polished intake horn. Sorry I'm in and out of service this weekend. Mike makes quality products, highly recommend it to anyone.
2y4e7uru.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online