painting my grill

Reaction score
Assuming this is the rite section I have the black grill in my truck and im wanting to paint it to match my truck. Is there any special way I should go about this. Thanks in advance.

Stroked777

Reaction score
I painted my chrome grill black, i peeled all the chrome off took about 6 hours and under it was raw plastic so I took some black fusion paint for plastic and painted the grill let it dry a little and did a few layers of clear, can out good ill try to find a pic

Bair

Reaction score
2ute4umu.jpg
uzu9ymy5.jpg

I just taped the center off, sanded the surround and sprayed it. It's sorta cheesy but from a few feet away you can't tell that it was taped off. I started with th black XL grill.

Stroked777

Reaction score
It looks good man. Mine came out pretty, if you look up close you see a few errors but from 3 ft back it looks great, I did my all black

3brorce

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing the same. The side action truck looks killer with a painted grill and chrome bumpers I think. Thats the truck that confirmed it for me.

Stroked777

Reaction score
How did it go getting the chrome off?

Getting all my chrome off was a PITA, just my fingers and a pocket knife (to start the peeling and lifting up the edges of the chrome) and 6hours of time but once it's off it's a nice surface underneath to lay down prime but in my case I just used the fusion plastic paint which worked great

3brorce

Reaction score
Had a feeling that was the case. Talked to a few body guys said just to buy a new grill and paint it. I would just buy a dang chrome edition grill then if I went that route dang it.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Honestly it all it cost me was time and $10 in paint supplies, compared to a new grill for (I don't know how much one is so insert the cost here)

3brorce

Reaction score
My paint would be a little more for Z3 and I dont think I could match that shat myself. But I hear ya on a new grill is going to run around $400.

Latest posts

Members online