Patriot tires

Halestorm55

Reaction score
Test tires on a little toy or something of that matter. Cheap tires are calling for my bronco 2. It won't get driven much and if I cut a cheap one I don't feel bad.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
The load rating on them are just like the federal tires they have a 2600 lb rating so you really can't do much with them but ride to town. I'd rather spend the extra on a good set.

higherlife

Reaction score
So I'm getting the consensus that since patriots are less expensive than nittos, they are cheap tires. I'm guessing no one has ran patriots.
But I appreciate everyone vouching for nittos m/t, I have the a/t 35s right now and love them.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Find out which tire company is making them for patriot and then make a decision.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
History teaches us many lessons...

Federal...

Arturo...

Patriot?

There's something to be said for "tried and true"

And much to be said against "new company selling Chinese mud tires"

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I don't normally throw out my opinion on this stuff, but... We are talking about 40 to 70 thousand dollars trucks here.

The rubber is the only thing connecting your 40 to 70 thousand dollar ride to the surface on which you drive. When that connection fails, it destroys your vehicle at best, and you at worst.

I don't believe that there is a single person on the 6.7 forum who can't afford quality tires. To just be blunt, don't put you, your family, or your ride at risk by being a cheap ass. Buy reputable tires, not unknown garbage.

Last edited:

bhudson

Reaction score
I don't normally throw out my opinion on this stuff, but... We are talking about 40 to 70 thousand dollars trucks here.

The rubber is the only thing connecting your 40 to 70 thousand dollar ride to the surface on which you drive. When that connection fails, it destroys your vehicle at best, and you at worst.

I don't believe that there is a single person on the 6.7 forum who can't afford quality tires. To just be blunt, don't put your, your family, or your ride at risk by being a cheap ass. Buy reputable tires, not unknown garbage.
Nailed it!! What's your life or your family's worth? A few hundred dollars? Like he said, if you're driving one of these and you're worried about gas mileage or more affordable tires or whatever, then maybe a trip to the Kia dealership is in your best interest.

taterthedog

Reaction score

I don't believe that there is a single person on the 6.7 forum who can't afford quality tires. To just be blunt, don't put your, your family, or your ride at risk by being a cheap ass. Buy reputable tires, not unknown garbage.

Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
History teaches us many lessons...

Federal...

Arturo...

Patriot?

There's something to be said for "tried and true"

And much to be said against "new company selling Chinese mud tires"

^This. And If I can't find anything saying where they are made...assume the worst.....china.

higherlife

Reaction score
Off the top of anyone's head, what's the speed rating for toyo mt s?

Last edited:

higherlife

Reaction score
Only reason I ask is that federal tires were brought up and I knew of several people that had them and they would always fail at interstate speeds.

Halestorm55

Reaction score

I don't believe that there is a single person on the 6.7 forum who can't afford quality tires. To just be blunt, don't put you, your family, or your ride at risk by being a cheap ass. Buy reputable tires, not unknown garbage.

Its the disney land theory. If the brakes go out on the way they get the cheapest stuff instead of spending an extra $50. They spend thousands once they get there without thought.

1badpsd

Reaction score
Just to bump this up. Seen last night on diesel gays they are made in tawain by the same company that makes ferderals, so if that's the case I wouldn't get anywhere near them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.