PCM CHANGE

Havau

Reaction score
OK this one is strange.. I have a 2007 Lariat 4x4 that I have destroyed the PCM in and was going to look for a new one online, But I have my old 05 xlt 4X4 out back with a blown motor in it. Can I pull the PCM out of it and be good to go?????

Havau

Reaction score
Real good news. My programer is vin locked to my 07 so do I need to do anything with it? Or should I return the 07 to stock before the swop and reinstall it with the new pcm and tell the programer that it's now a 05 not a 07. Programer is a mini max

04stroker

Reaction score
Real good news. My programer is vin locked to my 07 so do I need to do anything with it? Or should I return the 07 to stock before the swop and reinstall it with the new pcm and tell the programer that it's now a 05 not a 07. Programer is a mini max

Return your programmer to stock before swapping it.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
05 is a different/unique PCM

03/04 can interchange, 06/07 can interchange, but 05 is unique based on my experience

Havau

Reaction score
Yup... did not work. Just sent out the one I fried. Trying to see if it can be fixed.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
you can pick up good used 6.0 PCM's for next to nothing as they rarely fail... I have a spare of each generation "just in case". I think $125 is the average price I paid on ebay.

04stroker

Reaction score
Hmmm that is weird the last one I swapped was a 05 to a 06 and it worked fine. I am unsure of the build date though, did not look that could of had something to do with it.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
yeah, I'm not up to speed on the interchanges... I believe the 450-550 tucks kept the 05 style PCM for a while?

Now, if you need to know anything about a Cummins ECM interchange? I gotcha covered! LOL

But the Ford diesel stuff I'm not so up to speed on. (Probably because I've had to replace countless Cummins ECM's and only ever had to change 3 or 4 Powerstroke units!)

04stroker

Reaction score
yeah, I'm not up to speed on the interchanges... I believe the 450-550 tucks kept the 05 style PCM for a while?

Now, if you need to know anything about a Cummins ECM interchange? I gotcha covered! LOL

But the Ford diesel stuff I'm not so up to speed on. (Probably because I've had to replace countless Cummins ECM's and only ever had to change 3 or 4 Powerstroke units!)

Yeah Ford ECM's rarely fail I have only ever put maybe 4-5 on. Which is not bad for the amount of them I have worked on.

Latest posts

Members online