PCM fried

jeepin81.cj7

Reaction score
I have a 2002 f250 7.3 powerstroke that I suspect the PCM is fried. My question is I have a ts6 chip on it, do I need to have my chip send off to be reburnt or tested to make sure it is still good? What is the chances that it would hurt the new computer if I put the old chip back in? The PCM I believe was fried because it was filled with dust. The truck has Full Force stage 1 single shot injectors, van turbo, and riff raff diesel fuel system.

Thanks Zac

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Why do you think it's fried because of dust?

If in fact your PCM is fried then used the chip will prolly be a paper weight.

Sent from the murder mitten

jeepin81.cj7

Reaction score
Well, because I replaced the IPR valve and ICP sensor the other day because the truck was hiccupping going down the road. After replacing them the truck would idle fine the run like it was on 4 cylinders, then clear up, then die. It would start right back up idle rough, then idle fine, then die. Then would crank but not start. I replaced the CPS and it still wouldn't fire. Batteries were fully charged, IPR valve, ICP sensor, and CPS are all oem. I pulled the chip and opened up the computer and it is caked in dust. I am at school so I dropped it off at a mechanic and he tested the oil pressure in the heads and it has high pressure oil at the head. The injectors just aren't firing. He has a spare computer he is going to put in it tomorrow and try it again.

jeepin81.cj7

Reaction score
Also, when the truck was doing all of this I was able to turn the chip to high idle and the idle would go up.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Could be the uvch..... I'd be checking the plugs to the under valve cover harness

jeepin81.cj7

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that too. Both of UVCH were replaced about 6 months ago because the connections were worn out.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Yeah if the PCM was fried when you switched to high idle I don't think it would do anything

CSIPSD

Reaction score
For future referance if the truck will start, its not the PCM...

Why people replace parts without first running codes and some basic tests is beyond me...

Got to love parts changers

Arisley

Reaction score
Then it is time to put it on a scanner and pull codes.

Or you can just throw parts and money at it until you get lucky and get the right part.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
holy thread revival lol..

Arisley is spot on..

also, where the keys in the ignition when you pulled the chip?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.