PCM Help!!! Any advice is appreciated

goodie85

Reaction score
When I bought my pickup it had a tune on it (which is diablosport 100hp) and now I bought custom tunes and I have no way of clearing the PCM as I know of. I took it to the dealership and they tried to update the PCM and it wouldn't let them update it. My question now is, can the PCM be cleared somehow? Or do I need to get a new PCM? If I need a new PCM what PCM will work with a 01 auto trans.? I know alot of guys like the PMT1 because the trans and engine are at better parameters. Does a PMT1 work with an auto? Sorry for this being so jumbled I'm just frustrated and want this darn truck to be sound and the way I want it. Any help is appreciated greatly Thank You!!

BLK01

Reaction score
i kind of had the same problem, had to get a new PCM because of my screw up and when i finally got it, they tuned it wrong. so i took it to a friend who works for ford and he said he couldn't reflash it because it was already updated. so now im having to send it back and have the company start from scratch.

goodie85

Reaction score
Well I found out that it was a chip (the previous owner told me it was a tuner not a chip) When I pulled my pcm to see what code it was I found that it was a chip. Also found that I have a PMT2 pcm. I put my new tunes in and then later in the day when I was playing with it I blew the turbo hahaha it blew making around 30psi is all so I dont know what its deal was, now I'm debating what turbo to order any news on a 38r? If anyone is deciding on tuners I highly reccomend DI tunes they have insane power over that pos diablo, and the trans shifts really nicely I don't blame my turbo failure on them at all I kind of figured that the turbo was going to go as it wasn't boosting much, just would touch 30psi. also it surged pretty bad with just the diablo. My trucks mods are intake, straight pipe exhaust, DI tunes and now a new turbo once I decide on one. I just need to know exactly what I need for the turbo any gaskets or seals? Also can the CCV be left alone with the 38r? My future mods are maybe 238/100 injectors and fuel system and then leave it alone.

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
38R should come with new orings and bolts. Just wack her in an go. I had my CCV through a catch can and the 38R didnt like it. It would blow a big puff of blue smoke when I took off. Got rid of the catch can and vented straight out the back and problem gone.

OSCS

Reaction score
DI tunes are nice! Little smokey but very powerful. 38r is a drop in for your year model truck. It comes highly recommended. I would consider a less aggressive injector if you run a 38r though. Maybe a 200/30-50-80

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Glad you guys like the tunes. I run the exact tunes that Goodie runs and I really enjoy them.

I would recommend a high flow outlet and an ebpv delete if you get the chance, otherwise, as stated, the 38R is a direct drop-in, just make sure you install the o-rings.

Latest posts

Members online