PCM issues

xSmokyx

Reaction score
I have a 96 powerstroke that isn't getting power from the IDM to the injector harnesses, the IDM is brand new so now I know the PCM is not communicating with the idm, can I have the PCM flashed or do I need a new one? New cps, ipr, icp, batteries, IDM, I'm getting wait to start light cranks great, has compression no fuel bowl, all fuses and relays good, so just need input on PCM

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
A flash normally never fixes anything wrong with the PCM. Are you able to communicate with it via a scan tool?

SeeYa

Reaction score
I have a 96 powerstroke that isn't getting power from the IDM to the injector harnesses, the IDM is brand new so now I know the PCM is not communicating with the idm, can I have the PCM flashed or do I need a new one? New cps, ipr, icp, batteries, IDM, I'm getting wait to start light cranks great, has compression no fuel bowl, all fuses and relays good, so just need input on PCM

Did you check the UVCH? We've sold several of those lately to customers who have found out theirs were shot.

xSmokyx

Reaction score
I'm not even getting power out to the harnesses, no scan tool ran ever wire by hand with ohm and test light, PCM has no communication with IDM, both are getting power and PCM is sending power to a few places and other places not and some week signals

xSmokyx

Reaction score
Well just tested PCM in a kids truck and his started right up I'm stumped

old man dave

Reaction score
Have you checked any fuses? The PCM sends a signal to the IDM, not power.

Fuse 8/30A IDM power relay controls power to IDM(underhood fuse box). Fuse is always hot.

Also check Fuse 9/20A PCM Power Relay switched contacts, controls power to PCM and ODM relays (underhood fuse box). Fuse is always hot. Relay coil itself gets power from fuse 22 hot in run and start.

Fuse 22 PCM power relay power coil (underhood fuse box). Hot in run and start.

PCM Power Relay or IDM Power Relay can be bad. Swap the relays around in the relay section of the underhood relay box.

xSmokyx

Reaction score
all fuses are good check them over multiple times, when key is in run the IDM relay clicks

xSmokyx

Reaction score
I do get a wait to start light stays on as normal, and shuts off normal

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
PCM is definitely not the issue.

You had this issue before putting in the brand new IDM as well?

Also, did you mention in your original post that you are not getting fuel to the bowl?

Jomax

Reaction score
Try unplugging your ICP sensor. Then start it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xSmokyx

Reaction score
Replaced IDM, and complete engine and underhood wiring, unplugged TS chip and she fired up after 10 months of sitting collecting dust!

Latest posts

Members online