PCM question

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
I recently purchased an NVK4 pcm for my early 99 to get Gearhead or Beans tunes because both Matt and Jonathan recommended I get a DPC-422 pcm. Well I installed it last night and every thing works but there are two things I have a question on.

First, when I let off the throttle it really "chug-chug-chugs" alot worse than my XLE8 ever did. Whats up with that?

Second, its obvious the pcm has had a chip on it but it seems as though it might be flashed with a tune. There is some decent power and it will smoke when I get on it. My early 99 pcm could never dream of doing this when stock. Can the tuners overwrite it if its tuned/flashed? Is it safe?

Thanks for the time, Dan

OSCS

Reaction score
I never had those issues when I swapped the dpc422 for my xle... Where did you get it from? Is the silicone scrapped off of the input part of the PCM (where you actually plug in the harness to the PCM) if the PCM was flashed it can be overridden by the tuner. If you get a TS chip I THINK the new tunes on the chip will override pre existing tunes but you might want to speak with your tuner.

revolvingsteel

Reaction score
Yea the silicon is cleaned and you can tell there are marks in the tin on the contacts where a chip has been on the J3 port. This will be the first question for my tuner, I just thought I'd see what you guys thought first. If the tuner can overwrite it then it's a moot point. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.