PCM shorting

Jomax

Reaction score
That wasn't the problem.... my fuel Guage started working again, I believe those wires were for that.

Funny thing is, pcm and chip turned on again after I messed with those wires, changed my batteries and now the chip is off and I can't connect to the pcm. Most likely coincidence.

I'm getting power to the pcm relay, just checked that. I'm about ready to just buy a whole new harness......

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Swapped pcms with a good one. Still nothing....... I'm about to give up and tow it to Strictly diesel..

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
If you pull the relay and put it back in does it work?
If so, clean the connectors where the relay plugs in.

That does not work.. when I did that the first time, whatever was shorted, must have started working again BEFORE changing the relay. making me think the relay was the issue...

When the truck starting stalling again(last break down). It would die if I have it too much throttle input, i was able to restart it while driving and if I barely gave it throttle it wouldn't die. Of course this only lasted maybe half mile, then it died completely.... instrument lights all lit up, check engine light, WTS etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Did you/they pull the engine harness when the injectors were changed?
Bad connection at the 42 pin? Bad ground? I'm guessing a little.
Maybe a pin got bent at the pcm? Having all the instrument cluster working makes me think the pcm is doing its part.

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
I didn't get the WTS nor CEL, this time around...

Will be Disconnecting all the connectors on the harness, cleaning them and reinstall. I'll see what happens after.

Lame part is when I was able to connect to the pcm for a bit yesterday morning, there was zero codes....

Was tempted to buy a breakoutbox, but fkr the price of one, I can buy a used harness. But then again, that used harness can have issues aswell...

I ohmed out the pcm connector and one wire had 380ohms. I believe was for the digital transmission range sensor. Could that really cause the issue?

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Well, don't ask me why I didn't do this first, was reading online that an icp can cause a ground issue causing the pcm not to power on.... we'll disconnect that POS, and guess what? The turd started........... that's what I get for a napa icp I guess.....

Going to ford now for a new icp sensor and pigtail..

Jomax

Reaction score
New icp sensor and pigtail installed. The truck is running! I hope that was it.. going to drive it 100 miles today close to home. It seems to die within 80miles since all this started...

Funny thing is this icp sensor from napa had maybe 2k miles... never again... only ford for sensors.

Jomax

Reaction score
Well truck ran great all day. But.... i think I smoked my TC...

Jomax

Reaction score
Nothing really.... Was in traffic and gave it throttle and it just revved up... finally changed gears after messing with throttle input. After I got off the freeway, taking off hard from about 25mph, i get this nasty shudder.... going to the trans builder today. Curious what I broke, it's got a triple disk, but did have about 30track passes at 420rwhp...

Jomax

Reaction score

It's warrentied. Builder is only two hours away. I'll keep you guys updated!

But, still sucks. Barely got my truck on the road and it's down again. Got the dually as a spare rig, so lucked out there.

Jomax

Reaction score
Well, truck is back from the trans shop and running like a champ, have about 450miles since I changed the ICP sensor, hasn't turned itself off since. 100% sure it was the ICP.... it'll take about 2k miles to finally have the feeling of it dying at any moment go away...

psduser1

Reaction score
Well, truck is back from the trans shop and running like a champ, have about 450miles since I changed the ICP sensor, hasn't turned itself off since. 100% sure it was the ICP.... it'll take about 2k miles to finally have the feeling of it dying at any moment go away...

Good to hear!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.