PCM swap???

newman

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 97 F250. It is a Cali truck. My PCM code is JKA4. I'm interested going with a more popular PCM. I realize I have split shot injectors so I will have to switch them also. Any suggestions? TDE1? A SD PCM?

ytee

Reaction score
In my opinion I would go with a TDE1. The SD cpm's are better but you have to change the whole harness to be able to use one. Cale from Tyrant diesel has done the swap and said it was a lot of work.

Chris

8inchstroker

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 97 F250. It is a Cali truck. My PCM code is JKA4. I'm interested going with a more popular PCM. I realize I have split shot injectors so I will have to switch them also. Any suggestions? TDE1? A SD PCM?

bro you finally got another truck?:clapping:

Reaction score
The pinouts are completely different on the California splitshot truck PCMs versus the 49-state versions. The Cali versions have the gloplug monitoring circuit that 49-state trucks don't have and the boost signal is on a pin that is for something completely different on a 49-state truck (among some other differences I can't recall). Perhaps you can have a Cali PCM reflashed for a singleshot PCM code (either that or just use a chip)? (I don't know, so I'm just throwing that out there). Cheers!

newman

Reaction score
The pinouts are completely different on the California splitshot truck PCMs versus the 49-state versions. The Cali versions have the gloplug monitoring circuit that 49-state trucks don't have and the boost signal is on a pin that is for something completely different on a 49-state truck (among some other differences I can't recall). Perhaps you can have a Cali PCM reflashed for a singleshot PCM code (either that or just use a chip)? (I don't know, so I'm just throwing that out there). Cheers!

Thats not what I wanted to hear:shrug: but thanks. I was just wanting to switch to a more popular PCM code because eventually I plan on doing some upgrades. It has a DP now but my dad has a truck with Stage 2s and a D66. I don't like taking 2nd:cursing:

old man dave

Reaction score
Your chip should be overriding the base pcm code in your truck. With split shot stage IIs and supporting mods, your truck should be competitive with any other stage II truck. My california truck ran 14.50 with 160 stage IIs, old tunes and the stock muffler. And it seemed a lot quicker after installing newer DP tunes, a terminator, electric fuel and a true 4" exhaust.....:toast:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online