PCS controller

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Ok, thanks

Its an auto pcm :p. I mean if I don't get it reflashed it shouldn't hurt anything ?

My understanding is you NEED to flash to a manual, the auto PCM will continue to give you problems even if the standalone controller.

If its flashed to a manual you wont ever have to worry about transmission related codes

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Understandable. But what can it hurt, the auto it no longer controls. Yes it will throw and store codes but it should suffice until I can track down a manual pcm (kicking myself for selling mine).

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
The OD OFF light will be flashing because the PCM will be looking for the trans.

One thing to check, the Range Selector is mounted to the side of the trans. If there is something wrong with the range selector itself, or if the range selector isn't adjusted properly, you may still have problems with the PCS.

I love the PCS in my race truck, but I will say that it will be a challenge to get it to shift like the factory PCM. There is a LOT more trans code in the stock PCM than there is in the PCS. That said, you will be able to play with it on your own until it shifts how you want...so that's a plus. Good luck!

Dieselfever

Reaction score
So. . . you did a Manual to Auto swap and didn't use a PCS from the get-go :lookaround: :doh:??

Mods sticky this thread so it is a lesson to those that plan on doing this :gun: :fustrate:

-Michael

Charles

Reaction score
Ever thought about just putting the manual trans pcm BACK in?

That's what I meant. Put the electronics back the way you found them and all will be perfect with a stand-alone trans, just like when you had a ZF6.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ever thought about just putting the manual trans pcm BACK in?

That's what I meant. Put the electronics back the way you found them and all will be perfect with a stand-alone trans, just like when you had a ZF6.

Yes, but I was naive and believed the idiot doing the work being told it would work fine.

The stupid part was I didnt have a clue at the time so. 250 for the auto pcm and 250 for the new factory harness, for another 250 I would have had the PCS and been ten times happier then now.

I sold the manual PCM to recoup some of the cost. And until now never missed it. :pointlaugh:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
The OD OFF light will be flashing because the PCM will be looking for the trans.

One thing to check, the Range Selector is mounted to the side of the trans. If there is something wrong with the range selector itself, or if the range selector isn't adjusted properly, you may still have problems with the PCS.

I love the PCS in my race truck, but I will say that it will be a challenge to get it to shift like the factory PCM. There is a LOT more trans code in the stock PCM than there is in the PCS. That said, you will be able to play with it on your own until it shifts how you want...so that's a plus. Good luck!

The range selector is a brand new sensor on the trans. As far as the whole lever and cable accessory it was out of the other guys truck(01). I dont follow how it will still cause problems ? If I manual select gears to shift ie 1..2..3.. It drives fine. Its not until I click OD on until it shats itself.

So. . . you did a Manual to Auto swap and didn't use a PCS from the get-go :lookaround: :doh:??

Mods sticky this thread so it is a lesson to those that plan on doing this :gun: :fustrate:

-Michael

Please do... Like stated for another 250$ It would have worked right from the get go.
Words to live by: No one ever has enough money to do it right the first time. But everyone has enough money to do it TWICE !!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.