PCS Install questions

Wackerjr

Reaction score
don't drive till the cps, and tps (TPS controls line pressure) are figured out....also did you run the wizard and make a basic tune? you need to load something in the system so it has all the right info....
I do have the ford schematics to...let me know if you need more that I already got ya'

I will be heading out of town for a few days so responding may be delayed.... but feel free to hit me up...

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Wacker Id appreciate the Ford schematics if you wouldnt mind emailing them to me ?

All I did is drive it around the block very slowly. And I believe I loaded a base tune Jacob sent me.

I got the TPS hooked up as it shows 48 idleing and goes up if you rev it.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Well did the first run with the PCS installed. Some issues to work out, however went to test mode and manually shifted the b!tch.

Huge smile on my face after 4 years of owning the truck having it drive properly in a sense.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Its looking better my friend :D

Over the weekend hope to have all the bugs worked out or ready to call PCS or WOP on monday. LOL

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Took her for a drive an hour ago. For the first time in 4 YEARS the truck drove properly to an extent. No shifting with the gear selector, no babying it into certain gears or poor sporatic shifting. Nice shifts from 1st to 4th.

Some minor tweaks to get firmness and lower 4th gear engagment down and thats good.

As of now the only major issue is the TC wont lock in, even in manual mode.

Some pretty cool things can be done with the PCS unit.

JDub

Reaction score
Took her for a drive an hour ago. For the first time in 4 YEARS the truck drove properly to an extent. No shifting with the gear selector, no babying it into certain gears or poor sporatic shifting. Nice shifts from 1st to 4th.

Some minor tweaks to get firmness and lower 4th gear engagment down and thats good.

As of now the only major issue is the TC wont lock in, even in manual mode.

Some pretty cool things can be done with the PCS unit.

Glad to hear you're making some progress with it, Wacker must've gotten you all straightened out.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
How's it coming? Just been following along.

Pretty good, its a cool unit, a bit overwhelming at first but the amount of parameters you can control and monitor is pretty rad.

Glad to hear you're making some progress with it, Wacker must've gotten you all straightened out.

Big thanks to you guys again Jacob. Especially wacker. He's helping me out with the programming, however I believe the range selector I bought was junk. At least I hope so because something in that line is causing the same problems as I had with the factory stuff. Really bummed because I don't want to risk driving it much until I figure out what's up on fear of burning up another trans. This caused me to miss live tuning this weekend.

That's life though. Once I get her figured I can't wait to hook a trailer to her and write some tow files as well as a few tunes to get her on the strip and dyno.

Latest posts

Members online