Php tunes..

hwrdbd

Reaction score
So a couple days ago I installed my Hydra, chip is awesome, love the functionality and design. My truck is a 6 speed, and upon switching to the PHP tunes I feel like I've got the resistor mod in my ICP... Throttle seems super touchy... Anyone else have this problem?
Just to be make sure I didn't pick the wrong tunes, I'll spell out my process... I put in my pcm code (awa3) in their converter tool and chose all my tunes from the corresponding hex code. Is this the right way?
Just trying to get a some input on this situation, changing over from the beans tunes I had been running this wasn't quite what I expected.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
I just did the same thing.....I also noticed that the throttle was extremely touchy but I don't mind that too much.....I have noticed a little bit of a strange idle and a little smoky in the 80 daily driver...but I believe this may be from going from an E99 pcm (dpc-401) to a late model pcm (dpc-421), did you notice this?........I switched from dp-tunes and so far I am pleased with the php tunes......and it sounds like you got your hex code the same way I did so, hopefully that's the right way haha.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That really isnt inline with bills tunes.....i have felt stronger tunes and weaker ones for that matter but his tuning is smooth. Ive used it on 175s and stock injectors.

You better see whats up because that doesnt seem right.

hwrdbd

Reaction score
did you try VIAF3 to see if you get more desirable results?

Does it matter which of the VIAF3 hex codes I choose? I'm just curious as to why that is your suggestion, I don't really understand the differences between all the pcm calibrations... :shrug: Either way, I'm loading some of those tunes now..

That really isnt inline with bills tunes.....i have felt stronger tunes and weaker ones for that matter but his tuning is smooth. Ive used it on 175s and stock injectors.

You better see whats up because that doesnt seem right.

Ya I've only ever heard good things about how smooth his tunes are, that's why I was really surprised and figured something wasn't as it should be.

STROKED-OUT

Reaction score
Well I may have to ck other things then...the choppy idle is only on start up for maybe 3-4 seconds and then it seems to smooth out to normal..... the smoke is more less a haze as I change gears but once it gets higher up the rpm range it cleans right up but down low or while shifting to get up to speed is when it hazes......have noticed a hike in fuel economy though......sorry for the hyjack buddy

hunter scar

Reaction score
my throttle is a little touchy in the 120 race tune. But hell its a race tune so it don't bother me. MY 80 daily driver tune is not touchy power starts to come on about half throttle. Mine is a manual 6 speed to.

bfife

Reaction score
one of the things I love most about Bill's tunes is how smooth the throttle is. Been live tuned, dyno tuned and still like'n what Bill does.
Barney

hwrdbd

Reaction score
I loaded on a few different tunes.. All seemed touchy... I suppose its possible I'm having an issue with the tps. It just seems odd that with my 6pos chip the throttle is very smooth in the low end, no jerking around in a parking lot.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That is odd. If it doesnt do it with the.chip out or with the old, 6pos in there, it has to be the chip.

n54power

Reaction score
stupid but check the pedal for debris at the sensor. I small leaf got wedged up in there causing a touchy pedal.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
any chance that you have an automatic pcm and the 6position has custom tunes to mate it to a manual trans?

hwrdbd

Reaction score
I wrote down dpc code when I first put chip in about a year ago, that code is 401. I'll have to check for part number.
On edit-since I've switched back to my 6pos I confirmed a little suspicion that I had, when I would lift and clutch to shift, the rpms would stay high for a split second, not dropping as quickly as they should.

jbwaldrop88

Reaction score
The "touchiness" and weird idle could be the cps, Ive seen them do stranger things. On the pcm question, I was under the impression that a pcm from an auto would run a 6 speed just fine, since the clutch switch acts as a neutral switch

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.