Picking Up 2015 Tuesday Time for more HP

syrupdawg

Reaction score
Never thought I would see the day that I would own a Ford but right now its my favorite truck on the market so I put a deposit down on a blue jeans blue 2015 Lariat Wednesday and should be getting it Tuesday.

I already have an exhaust here off a customers truck that went back to stock. I need to decide on a tuner so with that being said Ill say I'm probably going with Eric at Innovative tunes but cant decide between an x4 or the Livewire. Are there any decent mounts for the livewires? I don't want a cheap suction cup on the windshield. I didn't know if there was an A pillar mount for it that I just haven't spotted yet.

Does the EGR need to be hard deleted of is cutting it off in the tunes good enough? While I am going is an air intake a worthwhile investment?

I will also be doing a titan tank because I know going from my Cummins with 34 gallon tank to 26 gallons is going to suck. Ill post some pictures as soon as they deliver it.

uga33

Reaction score
That will be nice. I can't provide feedback for the tuner because I have no experience with the Livewire. As for the intake, a No Limit intake from Mike is the favorite pick here.

As for physically removing the EGR cooler, I am a fan of it. Really cleans the engine bay up nice. Also consider a cold side intercooler pipe upgrade. Congrats on the new truck.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I don't think there is a mount for the livewire yet. I'd say x4 with IDP tuning and have mike set you up with a stage 1 intake and egr delete, cold side pipe if you really want to clean it up some.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Will, get the H&S intercooler pipe for sure. I like the X4 and just grab an Edge CS or CTS for monitoring. Apparently they monitor more PIDs than the Livewire anyway. And Like was mentioned earlier, the No Limit intakes work very well.

syrupdawg

Reaction score
Will, get the H&S intercooler pipe for sure. I like the X4 and just grab an Edge CS or CTS for monitoring. Apparently they monitor more PIDs than the Livewire anyway. And Like was mentioned earlier, the No Limit intakes work very well.

Sounds like a plan. I need to get the x4 on the way I suppose. Itll be deleted the first day I have it in my possession

syrupdawg

Reaction score

Does the truck have a pre turbo EGT sensor? And will the CTS monitor it? I can always do some Isspros instead of the digital gauge

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
It does have a probe in the manifold and the CS or CTS will pick it up. I did the full EGR delete and added a probe in the block off plate for my CS.

jcain

Reaction score
Never thought I would see the day that I would own a Ford but right now its my favorite truck on the market so I put a deposit down on a blue jeans blue 2015 Lariat Wednesday and should be getting it Tuesday.

I already have an exhaust here off a customers truck that went back to stock. I need to decide on a tuner so with that being said Ill say I'm probably going with Eric at Innovative tunes but cant decide between an x4 or the Livewire. Are there any decent mounts for the livewires? I don't want a cheap suction cup on the windshield. I didn't know if there was an A pillar mount for it that I just haven't spotted yet.

Does the EGR need to be hard deleted of is cutting it off in the tunes good enough? While I am going is an air intake a worthwhile investment?

I will also be doing a titan tank because I know going from my Cummins with 34 gallon tank to 26 gallons is going to suck. Ill post some pictures as soon as they deliver it.

No desire to try the truck for a bit to see if you actually need/want more hp?

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Go with the X4. I have the Livewire at the pids that it monitors are a joke. If they would update then it would be great as it's a nice unit, but otherwise it's a flashy tuner.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
Isn't the livewire 2 out now? Does it monitor anymore pids? Biggest downfall for me is no one really makes a nice mount for it.

syrupdawg

Reaction score
No desire to try the truck for a bit to see if you actually need/want more hp?

I'm coming from a twin turbo, twin cp3 Cummins. I already know I'm going to want/ need more power! Plus the less time it runs with all the egr stuff the less crap gets built up in the intake

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Does the truck have a pre turbo EGT sensor? And will the CTS monitor it? I can always do some Isspros instead of the digital gauge

Hit me up buddy I stock everything and you know i got you.

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Actually the truck needs no more power. All it comes down to now is want and if 440 is good. Than 600 is gooder.

I can't believe we are throwing numbers like 440 and 600 around so casually. 10yrs ago that was a serious build. What great times we live in.

Latest posts

Members online