Pics of T4/T4i turbo mount pics

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Gonna try to start building one. Got the mount plate and turbine flange, just like to see how others do it.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
i think it would cheaper and easyer to buy one from jake just mo

Easier... Maybe.

Cheaper... Doubtful.

Plus its not hard and rather fun. This is of course assuming you can weld.

My kit has been in my truck for over 80k now without a single issue.

moose99psd

Reaction score
I wonder if I could find square to round up pipes.

do you mean square ends to go into the t4 flange? you can make the round tube square quite easily by using a vise and a body hammer or a ball peen hammer just working it slowly till it is the shape you want. slide the tube over the end of the jaws and just hammer easily and slowly and work it till it is the desired shape, not hard at all.

Reaction score
if you were going to buy a mount i would be looking into the turbonetics mount, its a bad ass kit.
:whs:
give Nate at Unlimited diesel a call....i paid 1400 to my door for everything in this picture just about a year ago,,

Attachments

• T-4.jpg
    T-4.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 187

davey99ps

Reaction score
give Nate at Unlimited diesel a call....i paid 1400 to my door for everything in this picture just about a year ago,,
I had tried find someone that carried the TN mount awhile back an couldn't find anyone, I'll have to get ahold of Nate 1 of these days, cuz the TN mount looks great.

Have you installed it yet, how good does it fit?

Reaction score
I put the kit on my motor while on the stand.. I have not got the motor in the truck yet...I still need a couple more parts... every thing fell together perfect and looked very nice..the kit moves the turbo forward and up to help clear the cowl better...I had my 467 with the race cover on there and it seems to fit very nice... hard to tell about the hot side pipe till I get the motor in the truck..the kit included the air intake tube and filter,the down pipe,the up pipes..cold side IC pipe, a adapter to use with your stock hot side pipe...and the Y pipe..it has a cast mount with a port in each inlet for EGT gauges or a BP gauge...also come with braided line,turbo blanket,plenum inserts all the boots, nuts,bolts washers and clamps you need to put this together...you can also get just the mount with up pipes and make your own pipes....

Attachments

• TN_turbo_parts_018.jpg
    TN_turbo_parts_018.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 148
  • TN_turbo_parts_019.jpg
    TN_turbo_parts_019.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 131
  • TN_turbo_parts_021.jpg
    TN_turbo_parts_021.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 144

Magnum PD

Reaction score
do you mean square ends to go into the t4 flange? you can make the round tube square quite easily by using a vise and a body hammer or a ball peen hammer just working it slowly till it is the shape you want. slide the tube over the end of the jaws and just hammer easily and slowly and work it till it is the desired shape, not hard at all.

The 2" up pipe will fit around one of ovals of the flange without taking or adding material then? Would be handy.

moose99psd

Reaction score
The 2" up pipe will fit around one of ovals of the flange without taking or adding material then? Would be handy.

i am fairly certain but dont take it as gospel, it has to be close without doing any work to the pipe, but with a little hammer time i bet it will work just fine.

ryanss22

Reaction score
all you guys with the "bigger" turbos (s471>) on OBS's what are you doing for a downpipe? im putting a s475 on my OBS and dont want to go from a 5" right down to a 3". I have the cab off for restoration and dont mind cutting and welding if it means i can get a 5" or even a 4.5" DP. another option is a hood stack, I'm making it a weekend toy/sled puller.... any input guys?

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
all you guys with the "bigger" turbos (s471>) on OBS's what are you doing for a downpipe? im putting a s475 on my OBS and dont want to go from a 5" right down to a 3". I have the cab off for restoration and dont mind cutting and welding if it means i can get a 5" or even a 4.5" DP. another option is a hood stack, I'm making it a weekend toy/sled puller.... any input guys?

You might have a little more room with a manual but I still don't see a 4.5" let alone a 5" DP clearing down between your tranny/frame. Check your local rules on sled pulling & exhausts. Make sure they don't throw you into exhibition or open with the hood stack.

ryanss22

Reaction score
Balls!!!! :doh: Cat you are correct about my leagues pulling rules!!!!! :frustrate: Now I have some work!!! Like I said I dnt mind cutting the firewall......

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
Saw one guy cut a section out of his firewall & weld a C tunnel in place to allow clearance for a 4" DP. If you aren't going to use it on the street anymore you might consider removing the heater box to get more room for a larger aftermarket turbo setup. Not to mention easier to access the pass side valve cover.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'm worried about the down pipe also. Gonna have to do some reducing of some sort.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.