PIP or KEM tune for 2015?

HurricanesFord

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's opinion are on which tunes to use for a 2015. Only ever had H&S on Cummins before and new to the Powerstroke market. Any insight is appreciated!

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What are you looking to get out of your tune,if its more power becareful as our trucks dont need more power according to some people on here,otherwise good question and i wish you the very best,it seems talking about tunes on these rigs is a touchy subject on here.I suggest saying your doing it for longevity even though in stock form the 15 has already seen over 500,000 miles with only a sm.radiator issue.There pretty solid just slow.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I love my PIP tunes, I actually did a little review after my tuning. Bigrpower can hook you up with a full package and even his No Limit Stage 2 intake. I can't compare to kem tunes as PIP is what I went with from the get go. I would not look back. It can run deleted and clean with zero smoke or just crazy on extreme. All depends on what you want but you get 4 tunes from PIP on the X4. Hope this helps!

sootie

Reaction score
What are you looking to get out of your tune,if its more power becareful as our trucks dont need more power according to some people on here,otherwise good question and i wish you the very best,it seems talking about tunes on these rigs is a touchy subject on here.I suggest saying your doing it for longevity even though in stock form the 15 has already seen over 500,000 miles with only a sm.radiator issue.There pretty solid just slow.

How about you shut the *** up.

Your posts make my head hurt and your composition skills rival a two year old. Quit whining about what other people say and quit acting like a teenage schoolgirl.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Oh so you can show one guy respect but treat me like crap dude im not hard to find look me up you little worm.

sootie

Reaction score
Oh so you can show one guy respect but treat me like crap dude im not hard to find look me up you little worm.

i have no need to "look you up", I'm just annoyed by your fruitless posts.

i give respect where it is due...

HurricanesFord

Reaction score
Leaning towards the KEM. Heard from two knowledgable people, one who happens to be a good friend of mine, that the PIP tunes had some serious injector rattle and it just didn't have all the kinks worked out yet. Add that with the lack of Exhaust Brake and I just don't have a great feeling about the PIP tunes. But who knows. I guess I will see how it works out come Wednesday. Can't wait to see how the truck runs deleted and tuned. Charles Henson you need to get a life and a woman. You're obnoxious.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Leaning towards the KEM. Heard from two knowledgable people, one who happens to be a good friend of mine, that the PIP tunes had some serious injector rattle and it just didn't have all the kinks worked out yet. Add that with the lack of Exhaust Brake and I just don't have a great feeling about the PIP tunes. But who knows. I guess I will see how it works out come Wednesday. Can't wait to see how the truck runs deleted and tuned. Charles Henson you need to get a life and a woman. You're obnoxious.

if you knew all this , then why did you ask ? i hate to tell you but you're gonna find out the hard way.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

It's good stuff. My truck was one of the test trucks. Everyone's stuff has their down falls. They are crisp and run awesome. I think both companies tunes are running in the right direction. FYI, most people who trash them haven't ran them.

truckmaniac

Reaction score

I unsubscribed to one thread because you have nothing to offer accept whining and complaining about what "DOGS" the new Powerstrokes are, yet here you are doing the same thing on another thread I hoped to follow. I may have to join another Forum before you make my head explode.

Have you actually driven a 2015 Powerstroke, 2015 GMC and 2015 Ram or do you just read magazines and sales brochures? If not, instead of spending time on the forum flapping your jaw, go do it, then give us a constructive/comparative evaluation of how the Powerstroke measures up. Compare apples to apples (heavy duty diesel trucks), not the Powerstroke to one of the other vehicles you bragged about owning on the other thread. With any luck, you'll decide the GMC or Ram is the better truck and can go "stir the pot" on those Forums.

While you're away from the forum checking out the new trucks, why don't you take the time to go back to school and get your diploma or at least a GED. You're use of the English language, punctuation and run-on sentences makes for a hard read, not to mention the headache it gives me.

08Monster

Reaction score
I've drove the 15 Ram and GM and Ford trucks, the Powerstroke hands down has the most power. It isn't even close.

FordPSD64

Reaction score

You realize these tunes haven't been out to the public for very long for the 15s. Ofcoarse there is going to be bugs. But as far as I know they've been worked out, including the exhaust brake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I'll share my experience with KEM. It wasn't good.
First card he sent bricked the minimax. H&S sent another, KEM hemmed and hawed, blamed H&S, but finally under pressure they sent another card.
They promised that they had made 500RWHP w/ a DPF on. I dyno'd it and the box stock H&S tunes were more powerful. No where even close to 500RWHP.
The tranny shifting was horrible. I thought it was going to break the truck. At one point it didn't engage and I hit the throttle, then BAM. Thought sure it hurt the truck. I babied it home and got the tunes off.
They promised they made 22mpg. What they don't say is that they hide the fact that this was on a 2wd, on dead flat road @50mph.
It freaked out the lie-o-meter. Thing would read 22mpg, but a hand calc showed more like 13mpg. Yes, that's worse than the box H&S tunes.
Terrible turbo oscillation under light throttle use / cruise control. Did the wastegate adjustment KEM said it needed, made no difference.
Guy was rude as hell to me when I wanted help and he refused to fix the software.
NO RETURNS! Even when it's clearly defective.

Your experience may be different, but I won't touch KEM again. To be honest, these tuners that get every last grunt of HP out of a truck is IMHO a mistake. Running everything on the ragged edge is bound to have longevity issues. Truck has a ton of power now, between that and my right foot it's very hard on tires as is. I've got 35,000 miles on a delete/tune without a single hiccup. I'll stick to my box H&S tunes for now.

Last edited:

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Trick truck your the man,these folks cant stand honesty and thx for being a stand up high quality person(you can borrow my flame suit lol),on a side not absolutely love your bumper.

sootie

Reaction score
Trick truck your the man,these folks cant stand honesty and thx for being a stand up high quality person(you can borrow my flame suit lol),on a side not absolutely love your bumper.

i think you have missed the point of what people are saying to you...

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
Good info! That is a well explained review. Never once was there a complaint about the truck stock and how it performs, just an honest review of some tuning that was tried.

Very appreciated sir!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
everybody seems to have their own opinion on the tunes. i stock both of them , let me know if i can help !

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I've got the PIP tunes on my 15' and I like it.I know Mike said he is sending out updated tunes to fix a few things and that's completely understandable with how new the tuning is for the 15's.I don't think anyone(I would hope not anyways)went into getting the new Delete tuning for the 15's thinking that they would be perfect the 1st time around,And that they wouldn't need any updates.I know on my 13' Ram 1500 that the tuning from Hemifever was out for quite sometime and worked very well,Then all of a sudden we all recieved An Email with updated tunes that were even better.My advice would be to talk to both tuners and see who you get better vibes from.I posted my review and what I thought about the tuner I went with.Im not saying anything bad about Kem as I purchased my unit before their tunes were released so I can't comment on them.Im sure you will be happy with either choice!

Charles

Latest posts

Members online