Piston milled??

Reaction score
Take a look at this, what do y'all think of the surface of the piston? This is from a company that sent us a long block. Every piston has slapped the valves, and bent push tubes, knocked out valve bridges.
zahara8a.jpg
9ygepu5e.jpg

SEMPER FI!!

reilly8282

Reaction score
I'm no 6.4 pro, but don't factory pistons have laser etched numbers and letters?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

NathannialD

Reaction score
from the factory yes but i assume the block has been decked as well as the pistons since ford doesnt have selectable thickness gaskets. too bad they either didnt deck them enough of the cam is out of time. i would check potrusion and cam timing. also the machining looks horrid.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Agree with Nathanial. They took off too much on the heads and never matched the pistons. Tried but failed.

Reaction score
Well machine shop called my customer and said they will not cover it due to it over revving because of programmer. Im gonna check protrusion and the other bank and see if we can get him fixed up.. it only has 3k miles since he bought it.

BlueOx

Reaction score
Well machine shop called my customer and said they will not cover it due to it over revving because of programmer. Im gonna check protrusion and the other bank and see if we can get him fixed up.. it only has 3k miles since he bought it.

Not good

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

12stroker

Reaction score
We have a truck at work that has a ford reman motor. And it's blown again and ford won't warranty the work they just did on it 4 months ago. The truck is 100% stock since it's a fleet company truck there excuse is that we don't maintenance the trucks enough. The truck has 3k since they touched it. And I think it's bs needless to say I think a rod came apart or the crank is broken. But if we don't trade the truck in I might be calling you Dorian to work on it. We are waiting apovals from management but it gets old having a truck we have to pull in and out of the shop dead.

Reaction score
The machining looks terrible. Even with factory speced clearances under the right conditions the valves can hit. Seen it many times before. But more than likely it wasn't machined correctly by reference of the quality mill work on the pistons. And I doubt pushrod length was adjusted accordingly either.

Reaction score
We have a truck at work that has a ford reman motor. And it's blown again and ford won't warranty the work they just did on it 4 months ago. The truck is 100% stock since it's a fleet company truck there excuse is that we don't maintenance the trucks enough. The truck has 3k since they touched it. And I think it's bs needless to say I think a rod came apart or the crank is broken. But if we don't trade the truck in I might be calling you Dorian to work on it. We are waiting apovals from management but it gets old having a truck we have to pull in and out of the shop dead.

Let me know bud!

SEMPER FI!!