Plastic in the engine?

webb06

Reaction score
What do y'all think about changing out the lifters? Is it hard to do? Does the cam have to come out to get the branch tubes out?

Be a good idea while its out and halfway tore down. Cam does not need to come out to get the branch tubes off. Just the rear cover.

bretferd

Reaction score
Alright guys have a couple of questions. I'm in the middle of pulling the motor.

1. What is the easiest way to get the fan off without the fan tools? I stuck a 6" 3/8 extension in the holes on the pulley and only thing big enough was a pipe wrench, it would hold for a little bit but the give way. Does it come off clockwise or counter clockwise?

2. How do you get the glow plug plug off?

swinky

Reaction score
Well I picked up a used long block with 91k miles for $1000. So pretty good deal. I'm going to get the heads decked, arps, egr delete, and all the updates.

What do y'all think about changing out the lifters? Is it hard to do? Does the cam have to come out to get the branch tubes out?

On an engine with 91k I'm not sure I'd mess with them. I guess I would if you're planning on running it for a long while.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mcrafty1

Reaction score
Yup stand pipe melted.

5B8EB18F-F4CE-468C-BE26-0B1876650CE8.jpg

B28FC3B8-B20E-449D-91FE-6BD0C780771F.jpg

Going to look at a used motor this evening.
Good gawd how hot would a motor have to get to do that?????? I can't believe that it didn't smell warm and maybe even make some strange noises long before it got to be in the condition these pictures show,..... Sorry just thinking out loud I guess.

webb06

Reaction score
Good gawd how hot would a motor have to get to do that?????? I can't believe that it didn't smell warm and maybe even make some strange noises long before it got to be in the condition these pictures show,..... Sorry just thinking out loud I guess.

Oil temp over 300 degrees is usually what it takes to melt the plastic like that

bretferd

Reaction score
Yup probably over 300 degrees. My dads workers didn't keep water in it like they were told and it got way to hot. Should have the used motor back in the truck this weekend. Want to thank Rykan at holders diesel for all the parts and fast shipping. I sent him the injectors out of this truck and made then into 205/85s that I'm going to put in my truck and put my injectors in this truck.

bretferd

Reaction score
Alright guys I got the motor in and trying to start it. Should the oil pressure gauge come up after a few seconds even after the motor has been torn down? If it's suppose to move then looks like I have to pull the lpop to see if there is any damage. FML

webb06

Reaction score
Alright guys I got the motor in and trying to start it. Should the oil pressure gauge come up after a few seconds even after the motor has been torn down? If it's suppose to move then looks like I have to pull the lpop to see if there is any damage. FML

It might not come up until the engine starts. Pull the oil filter and see if it fills up the canister while cranking

Stroked777

Reaction score
When we did injector jobs or anything in the hpop side of things the truck would fire up a second or two after the oil pressure gauge on the dash moved. If you did take anything off the hight pressure oils side of things it's gunna take some cranking to get any air out of the system

bretferd

Reaction score
Well looks like motor has to come back out.

50FD84F5-1E74-4283-830A-E0657E6DE67F.jpg

31AD6EF7-D2A6-41F3-98AD-233F0F2E8A1A.jpg

Should have known not to buy stuff of Craigslist. That and I should have checked on the engine a little more before putting it in.

Sootie I should have taken you up on your deal would have been a million times easier and probably cheaper.

sootie

Reaction score
Well looks like motor has to come back out.

Should have known not to buy stuff of Craigslist. That and I should have checked on the engine a little more before putting it in.

Sootie I should have taken you up on your deal would have been a million times easier and probably cheaper.

what can i say...its still avail...

bretferd

Reaction score
Well guys I put in new lifters and new lpop and its still not getting any oil to the filter. I pulled the regulator and the spring looks good. Pulled the engine back out and pulled the oil pan back off and the pickup tube was still on and tight. I don't know what to do now? Anyone have any suggestions?

Irontx

Reaction score
Well guys I put in new lifters and new lpop and its still not getting any oil to the filter. I pulled the regulator and the spring looks good. Pulled the engine back out and pulled the oil pan back off and the pickup tube was still on and tight. I don't know what to do now? Anyone have any suggestions?

Was your front cover damaged/gaulded when that lpop checked out?!?!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.