platinum head gaskets?

youngstroker

Reaction score
was surfing river citys website, and seen they have platinum head gaskets are they any good or is it a new name for the black oxys? they say they are just as good as factory, just with out the bolts.

Mdub707

Reaction score
OEM headgaskets run ~ $135 per side from Tousley. I'd imagine Sunrise (site sponsor) is probably close to that or would match that too. They come with the stand pipes too...

Zmann

Reaction score
Maybe but they aren't a sponsor so it's worth at least having sunrise price and then remember the coupon code plus free ship

Mdub707

Reaction score
Agreed, I'm sure Sunrise will at least match that price, they've been pretty good to me too. I've purchased from them and Tousley before. What's the coupon code Zmann?

Lassie

Reaction score
Maybe but they aren't a sponsor so it's worth at least having sunrise price and then remember the coupon code plus free ship

I meant the ford OEM's over the platinum, not being dealer specific, only price I had was Tousley.

I like the addition of the standpipe with the HG.

Zmann

Reaction score
Agreed, I'm sure Sunrise will at least match that price, they've been pretty good to me too. I've purchased from them and Tousley before. What's the coupon code Zmann?

Diesel
has been getting you another 10%

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
was surfing river citys website, and seen they have platinum head gaskets are they any good or is it a new name for the black oxys? they say they are just as good as factory, just with out the bolts.

Black onyx head gaskets have been discontinued for almost a year FYI. Platinum gaskets are a whole different product built to ford specs

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
not saying there good or bad.....but has anyone used these yet with and larger amounts of mileage?

We do at least 1 stud job a week, if not 2. We've yet to have a truck come back. There's also many sponsors on here who buy them in high quantities at a time, and not a single one has told me of a failure.

Believe what you will, results speak for themselves

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We also use them all the time and have used Probly 30 sets so far and haven't had a issue

Zmann

Reaction score
I'm not drinking that Kool-Aid........

From BPD

Rivery City Diesel Platinum Series™ head gaskets are manufactured side-by-side, in the same facility as the factory Ford OEM head gaskets. Platinum Series™ head gaskets are built to the exact same specifications and tollerances, using the exact same materials, as the OEM head gaskets. The only difference between the Platinum Series™ head gaskets and the OEM head gaskets is the color of the sealant applied to the gasket surface and the fact that you are not paying for torque-to-yield bolts that you are just going to throw away anyway. These head gaskets have held over 800hp when used with head studs and proper cylinder head milling (to ensure a perfect gasket surface). If you want the best head gaskets available for your 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel, without spending money on parts you have to throw in the trash, Platinum Series™ head gaskets are what you've been looking for!

These gaskets are available for both the early "pre-commonized" 18mm dowel (up to 01/10/2006 build date / engine serial number 6,000,000 - 6,723,721 or 1 - 299,092) and the later "commonized" 20mm dowel (01/11/2006 and later build date / engine serial number 6,723,722 and higher or 299,093 and higher) 6.0L engines. The different serial number series represent the different plants where the engines were assembled. Just make sure you select the correct dowel size below when ordering!

Gaskets are sold in INDIVIDUALLY (with 2 dowels each). We highly recommend doing both gaskets at the same time, but we allow you to order them individually in case you only need one for some reason. If you are doing both sides, MAKE SURE YOU SET THE QUANTITY TO "2"!

Latest posts

Members online