Pmf rsk kit

mhoagland

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what size of bolts go through the superduty leafs. Im getting my pmf rsk kit ready to install and dont have those bolts. Posted this in the superduty section and no one responded.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Krause

Reaction score
The front I *believe* they are 18 (as in metric), cant remember if the rear bolt is a touch smaller or not. If you are in the states, you likely wont be able to acquire them very easily (metric stuff), but the ford dealership will have them for 15 bucks a pop or something :wtf:.

Whatever the front is (18, but it may have been 19...) anyways its the metric size *just* smaller than 3/4; so I bought a 3/4 inch drill bit instead, and ran it through the leaf string eyelet. It shaves a just a pubic hair off all around, and allows a 3/4 inch bolt to go through. Then just make sure you're RSK holes are made to 3/4 inch and you're off to the races. (I recommend a step style drill bit for making the RSK holes bigger, sometimes a normal 3/4 inch drill bit will 'bite' and kinda oblong' the hole..)

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get the right ones. Luckily I had a friends with a super duty parts truck and I got the bolts from him. Stock super duty leaf bolts. Go get them at Ford if need be rather then standing there at Fastenal and guessing.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Why ? Ford charges absurd amounts for bolts. I wouldn't doubt 15$ a bolt.
And they don't sell the nuts...
You could probably buy a grade 8 bolt but and washers for half of what ford will charge.
3/4"=19.2mm. So you are barely taking anything out.
I'd ream it. 3/4" grade 8 bolts. And be done.
Use never seize as well

mhoagland

Reaction score
Im going to check but the front eyebolts on the pmf kit is alot smaller than 3/4. Im guessing its just a pilot hole to ream thrm bigger. I have a 3/4 reamer

rusty1161

Reaction score
Sunrise Ford got mine for me, including the nuts. They are a sponsor here

jim,

can i get a price for two of each of the following, please?

Front leaf front bolt..............w704660-5426 list 20.35 sell 13.87
front leaf front nut...............n807659-s427 list 3.60 sell 2.25
front leaf rear shackle bolt.....w500593-s439 list 7.92 sell 5.40
front leaf rear shackle nut......n800237-s301 list 4.04 sell 2.53

thanks.

Rusty

Krause

Reaction score
Sunrise Ford got mine for me, including the nuts. They are a sponsor here

jim,

can i get a price for two of each of the following, please?

Front leaf front bolt..............w704660-5426 list 20.35 sell 13.87
front leaf front nut...............n807659-s427 list 3.60 sell 2.25
front leaf rear shackle bolt.....w500593-s439 list 7.92 sell 5.40
front leaf rear shackle nut......n800237-s301 list 4.04 sell 2.53

thanks.

Rusty

There you go, can be had from a sponsor for 50 bucks... But Im pretty sure mine were 10 bucks..
The amount you need to take out of the leaf spring eyelet is very small. I remember thinking if I bashed the bolt with a hammer it would likely go through, just clearing out the eyelet made things easier.

zilla68

Reaction score
Why ? Ford charges absurd amounts for bolts. I wouldn't doubt 15$ a bolt.
And they don't sell the nuts...
You could probably buy a grade 8 bolt but and washers for half of what ford will charge.
3/4"=19.2mm. So you are barely taking anything out.
I'd ream it. 3/4" grade 8 bolts. And be done.
Use never seize as well

WRONG, I got mine from sunrise, all bolts and nuts needed for the swap, the bolts and the nuts weren't much either.

Krause

Reaction score
$10 for 4 grade 8 bolts and washers? That's a good deal!

Rusty

Yes, a gem of an old auto parts store... Well they are actually useless for most stuff but their hardware section is just done by weight still; whenever I pass through that area I stop in and buy bolts. May have been more slightly more, you get the picture they sure weren't close to 50 bucks.

mhoagland

Reaction score
50 bucks aint bad plus shippong. I can get grade 8 bolts at work. After hearing the 3/4 will work im going that route. I also must have been high as a kite. I measured the pmf kit and the holes are real close to 3/4. Eyecrometer isnt what it used to be

Tom S

Reaction score
The FORD bolts are nice because they have a tip on them that help to get everything lined up. The also are nice flange head bolts and flange head nuts. Not sorry at all that I went that route.

zilla68

Reaction score
I get most of my metric stuff from http://McMaster-Carr.com, far cheaper than Ford.

If I don't know the size, then I'll buy one from Ford and the rest from McMaster-Carr.

I can't imagine that you can save enough to go that route, when buying my springs and bolts from sunrise it was all free shipping, and they even shipped one bolt from a texas dealer direct to me, so I can't imagine the hassle of buying one bolt at ford then paying shipping at carr is much worth the time and hassle.
I have used carr before though.

Peroni

Reaction score
Your local CAT dealer is a great source of quality bolts at decent prices. If it's not in stock they can get stuff usually next day. It's a good alternative when you only need a few of something and don't want buy a whole box. Plus Cat's fasteners are made here in the US.

old man dave

Reaction score
I can't imagine that you can save enough to go that route, when buying my springs and bolts from sunrise it was all free shipping, and they even shipped one bolt from a texas dealer direct to me, so I can't imagine the hassle of buying one bolt at ford then paying shipping at carr is much worth the time and hassle.
I have used carr before though.

Well, I get my stuff from the dealer at a fair discount and McMaster Carr is quite a bit cheaper especially if you need more than one. Sometimes I get a cheap Chinese one to check for fit and get the good stuff from McMaster. I only buy a Ford fastener if the local hardware store doesn't have a sample to check with. For example, intake plenum bolts are $2-3 each from Ford and you can get a package of 25 for $8-9 from McMaster and you need 20 of them. I generally get a fairly large order together so per item shipping is low.

My dealer sold me a set of 4 SD springs for less than what the online dealers wanted. Its not a hassle since I'm at the dealership about once a week anyway.

Latest posts

Members online