PMF RSK photos

bluedge8

Reaction score
I wish you would have cleaned your garage before/during the build,,,,, NOT! The only thing cleaner than your shop is your truck! beautiful work. I did my d60 conversion, the easy way, I bought a F350 and sold the 250, I can't believe how much better they ride. Good job Tom

Tom S

Reaction score
Tires look great Tom. What's it like driving a new truck after 15 years?

It has actually been pretty darn fun. It really is quite different then before looks and ride. I really like the new turning radius and it caught Lisa off guard yesterday thinking I could not make a U-turn where I did.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Tom, bringing this back up. How's the rig been handling/riding?

Couple if questions...
Were the yellow bilsteins you had valved for the SD springs and rsk, or were they on there before?

2nd, how much room is between the crossbar support on the rsk and the core support? I've never quite been able to tell. Trying to determine if my SD tapercore ic will work with the rsk kit.

Tom S

Reaction score
Bump to my questions above?

I know I wrote up a reply to you. I must have hit back before I posted it.

In any case I had the yellow body shocks on there with the factory set up. I liked those and I like these that I have now from Cary. I thought about you the other day when I was out driving the truck. I like the way the truck rides now. It is less annoying on the concrete highway close to my house. I also find it takes bad spots in the road much better and takes out a lot of the hard hit that would be felt before with an empty truck.

On your taper core can you maybe take some measurements with photos of where the bottom of it sits and then I can try and match that up to get an idea if this will work. I am afraid doing this with just words is not going to get you accurate measurements.

Tom

NotStock

Reaction score
I may be able to provide an answer without having to do much mockup. Does anyone have a measurement of an installed taper core from the bottom of the frame rail to the bottom of the intercooler?

Strokersace

Reaction score
From my other thread:

These are the only decent pics I could find on my computer. They don't show much. Bottom of ic is below the bottom of the core support but above the bottom of the plastic below. There's only about 1/4" between core support and ic. I believe the core of the ic is 3" thick but the end tanks are bigger and it does angle forward as it goes upwards. I'll get specific measurements today.

da5ezena.jpg

upypyhu2.jpg

Ok I have some measurements to go with the pics above.

At the bottom of the ic/core support: 4 1/8" from front of ic to core support.

At the bottom of frame rail (as a linear plain reference because ic angles slightly as it goes up: 4 5/8" between front of ic and core support.

These measurements might have 1/4" or so cushion in them to allow a small space between the crossbar and ic. It's been a while since I measured.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I may be able to provide an answer without having to do much mockup. Does anyone have a measurement of an installed taper core from the bottom of the frame rail to the bottom of the intercooler?

If you want to get the measurement of how much lower the tapercore is below the bottom of the frame, I can get that for you tonight.

NotStock

Reaction score
I believe the clearance concern will be the bottom of the intercooler and the cross bar. From looking at those pics I dont think its going to clear but if you can get me that measurement I can give a definite answer.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Ok, got some measurements tonight. Had to dig out the core support and attach ic since the front end is off the truck. Put a straight edge on bottom of ic and measured straight down from the bottom of frame. Ic is mounted within 1/4" of the hood latch so as high as it'll go. Measurement from bottom of frame to bottom of ic is 4 1/8" to 4 3/8". I give range because some trucks have spacers under the core to line everything up and some don't. My measurement was 4 3/8" with no spacers. Refer to pic to see where measurement on frame is taken from.

The bottom of the ic is within 1/4" of the core support so it can't go back any further. The front if the ic is 4" out from the core. Also tried to measure the distance between the front if ic to the 90* radius of the bumper bracket where it comes off the frame. Now again, the core was just sitting in place centered over the bolts so this measurement may not be accurate. The distance between the bend in the bumper bracket and the front of the ic is 2 1/2"

Distance below frame.
4y6uzuzu.jpg

6atury7a.jpg

Distance out from core at bottom.
e6udedyv.jpg

To bumper bracket.
a8aseze7.jpg

Rubber mounts. Same top and bottom so its straight up and down.
yqabezy2.jpg

Latest posts

Members online