PMR block done. Suggestions on rods.

jtgf250

Reaction score
Well my PMR was short lived after 467.7 and 250/200's. Yes I knew it was gonna happen but was upgrading as parts went out. So now it's build time. Suggestions on rods, girdle, all that good stuff. Thanks

TyCorr

Reaction score
Either a balanced and ported forged rod setup with studs, beehive springs, and hd pushrods and a girdle

Or if you wanna spend 15k use billet rods and fill the block.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Carillo rods, Smith Bros pushrods, Dynoproven girdle and main stud kit, Ceramic coat the pistons, Irate Comp valve springs and call it a day

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Not sure. I was told carillo were the hardest compared to crower and manley. I went with what i was told was the most reliable.

emev0l

Reaction score
Crower, Carrillo, Hypermax, they'll all get the job done, which one's stronger? Doesn't matter, none of us are maxing them out, find the cheapest and get those or give forged rods a try or give forged cryo'd rods a try.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Crower, Carrillo, Hypermax, they'll all get the job done, which one's stronger? Doesn't matter, none of us are maxing them out, find the cheapest and get those or give forged rods a try or give forged cryo'd rods a try.

How did your retired truck hold up? It was just a stock forged rod block correct?

co04cobra

Reaction score
You can't just go on Craigslist and buy a "built" 7.3 motor though...

I happen to be well aware of that.....BUT if you look around this site enough and read. You'll find some pretty descent deals on already properly built motors.

I sold one I had to a member on here a little while back and there are a few for sale on here now.

emev0l

Reaction score
How did your retired truck hold up? It was just a stock forged rod block correct?

It was retired because the block cracked, stock forged motor with over 280,000 miles. It was beat on hard for the last 20,000 miles.

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
I'm not knocking anyone on here or any vendor on here, but if your buying an already assembled engine that is "built" get some pictures of the parts that went in THAT engine. I purchased an engine that was built by a "reputable" shop and had 8 cracked pistons by the end of that summer from their sloppy machine work.
I never got too pissed about it as I paid literally penny's on the dollar for the engine, from the guy that had it built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
That'd be my issue on most of them. The guy that owned it. Id only want it if I called up Swamps and they were like "oh yea, we remember that build".

Latest posts

Members online