PMR goes boom! I have questions! :)

average

Reaction score
Ah another one bites the dust... only a matter of time here too, prolonged currently because my tranny took a ****.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Its not that bad with PMR's... 85% of it is tuning, 10% is driving habits and 5% is just pure luck...

David N

Reaction score
Its not that bad with PMR's... 85% of it is tuning, 10% is driving habits and 5% is just pure luck...

I think driving habit is more than 10% LOL

Mine is abused. Every single day. I honestly don't know how it hasn't blown yet.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Let us know if we can be of any help. We are in Newberg and would love to lend a hand and help where we can.

Generally you can slap a forged motor in and go to town, don't worry about rebuilding. We actually have done quite a few craigslist/junk yard motor swaps.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I think driving habit is more than 10% LOL

Mine is abused. Every single day. I honestly don't know how it hasn't blown yet.

You would be very suprised.

With good tuning, the only thing the driver needs to do is let the truck warm up properly. Control shifts and enjoy.

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
I am very surprised by Joe in this thread. Not a bad thing. And he is right on par about what proper tuning can do. But they can only do so much too.

Black 02

Reaction score
You would be very suprised.

With good tuning, the only thing the driver needs to do is let the truck warm up properly. Control shifts and enjoy.

I'm guessing this is another shot at DP. Joe, I value your help and knowledge with 7.3's, but I think you have a little skewed judgement of certain tuners.

I don't blame DP or anyone else.

That combo was making quite a bit of power. Never dynoed it, but after the turbo swap and and HPOP, I could roll those 37's with ease. Didn't do that before the turbo. 45 pounds of boost out of an S400 style charger. This ain't your basic 38R.

Also, cruising down the freeway at 65mph on cruise on flat ground. Typically how I've read they go, but it wasn't during a shift or anything.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Insane how they go at the oddest of times.... Makes me happy I bought a back-up forged motor

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is another shot at DP. Joe, I value your help and knowledge with 7.3's, but I think you have a little skewed judgement of certain tuners.

I don't blame DP or anyone else.

That combo was making quite a bit of power. Never dynoed it, but after the turbo swap and and HPOP, I could roll those 37's with ease. Didn't do that before the turbo. 45 pounds of boost out of an S400 style charger. This ain't your basic 38R.

Also, cruising down the freeway at 65mph on cruise on flat ground. Typically how I've read they go, but it wasn't during a shift or anything.

No... My tuning judgement is based on looking at tuning maps, blown up motors and a long history of being told I am FOS, only to watch the same people do the same thing over and over...

But lets not go off on a tangent about tuning. Just throw a CL motor in it and be good to go...

I only got 30k out of a DP tuned short block... I have 58k thus far on a Swamps tuned motor, with larger injectors and bigger nozzles...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
beans tunes, 38r and stock sticks.. how long do i have to go before I see stars?

smokedout250

Reaction score
Ill take a look around my area I'm around an hour south of Derek. I could always pick it up an meet you half way or something. Ill see what I can find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

under pressure

Reaction score
Add T-500 and S-468 and I got 3 months.

I sure would like to no what kinda power that made ?
I'm with most, find a junk yard forged motor and swap everything.
Be the cheaper route and still be an upgrade.

Sorry buddy !

David N

Reaction score
Add T-500 and S-468 and I got 3 months.

I sure would like to no what kinda power that made ?
I'm with most, find a junk yard forged motor and swap everything.
Be the cheaper route and still be an upgrade.

Sorry buddy !

Probably not as much as you're thinking.