Pmr to forged

Reaction score
What does it take to switch your pmr motor over to forged can you just put the rods in? Or is there more to it?

Powerstroke 7.3 work in progress !!!! Yfz450 intake exhaust jets + lots of other goodies!!!
Vw jetta tdi straight piped 55 mpgs!!

dsberman94

Reaction score
Buy a forged rod block running for $800 and drop it in. Swapping forged rods into a PMR motor you might as well drop $20k into it because you've gotta do all the same stuff anyway. Meaning necessary machining and all that stuff.

Reaction score
That's what a friend of mine said and what I thought just wanted a second opinion.

Powerstroke 7.3 work in progress !!!! Yfz450 intake exhaust jets + lots of other goodies!!!

caladash

Reaction score
Concur with what he said! It's what I'm doing now. Got a good used motor from Airfish on here. Good compression all around. Heads are at machine shop getting springs and a freshening up. The only painful part is the new gaskets and o-rings. It adds up!

Reaction score
Yea I figured that was my best route I know it's not gonna be cheap but I've always wanted to build one so I'm goin for it one step at a time got a lot of supporting mods just need to build an engine to keep going.

Reaction score
Doesent matter if it's an obs engine and mines a super duty does it?

Latest posts

Members online