Pooring White Smoke?????

bootcamp

Reaction score
Here's the story,
Just got home after being gone for the last 28 days and crank up the truck and drive to town. Here she developes a rough idle in gear or in nuetral.
This rough idle clears up up after a long drive out to my mothers place for a visit, got a make the rounds after being gone for a hitch. Well now I haven't thought anything else about that rough idle until today when it started pooring out the ole dreaded white smoke. Doesn't smell like coolant
It runs great going down the road, haven't check the oil level yet, will do that first thing in the morning. my gut tells me it's either an injector or turbo. This started with a tune installed, just for trouble shooting purposes I went back to stock except for the 40 on the FICM. Doesn't look like I have lost any coolant from the tank.
Is there a possibility that it could be anything else that I'm missing????? looking for some advice here, thanks.

casey.d.felton

Reaction score
Mine did that for awhile would pour white smoke at idle or warming up but once it was warmed up and on the road it was fine for awhile. Then one day after it warmed up and had already on the highway I lost almost all power and the truck wouldn't restart. It turned out to be 3 injectors and 2 glow plugs. It probably wouldn't hurt to run it to a shop and have em hook it up to their fancy computers and let ya know before ya start tearing stuff apart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.