Porting the heads

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Got word yesterday that the heads are completed and will ship out tommaorw (Friday). I was in meetings last night and did not get to talk much to Matt, but I am going to be making the call eairly this morning and getting all the details.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I got the heads back and all I can say is WOW!!!! They are crazy smooth in the runners and ports. Good job Matt with these ones forsure bud. I would recommend his work to all looking for top notch results.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
No there is no port work done with epoxy in the heads at all. Just some massive porting and polishing.:naughty:

I'd like to see some pictures. I was under the impression that you couldn't really get crazy on the cylinder heads with porting without compromising the water jackets.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Like I had said before the insides of the intake and exhaust runners are VERY smooth! I think that he did do a good job with these. Excited to see how they work out.

SootPowered

Reaction score
Like I had said before the insides of the intake and exhaust runners are VERY smooth! I think that he did do a good job with these. Excited to see how they work out.

Glad you liked the way they looked man. Can't wait to see some results. Those heads moved some serious air.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you liked the way they looked man. Can't wait to see some results. Those heads moved some serious air.

What results ? Before and after with the only change being the heads ? That would be a cool test.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Truck gos on the rollers either later today or tommarow for some starting numbers on the new Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer at Performance Diesel-an awesome performance shop about 10 miles from my house. Plans are to do a few pulls and then get a base number to start with. Then add a few parts; tow powers, ported heads from soot with Hamilton springs, billet pushrods, ported intake, steed speed manifolds, custom up pipes for steed speed manis from Elite, ARP headstuds, and Elite wastegate kit with welded downpipe. Stock fuel for now with this build but I have been thinking either 60'S or 85's for the nozzles. Not sure what to run with for fuel as I still want to tow and have LOTS of fun on the street and track.

SoGrand

Reaction score
Sounds like a good build. Is the Performance Diesel you are reffering to in DePere? You have a pm.

Dan

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Yes it is in DePere, WI. Great group of guys and they are talking about becoming a vendor on here soon as well.

SoGrand

Reaction score
Tell Norm and Jeff that Dan at Midwest Transmsission said hi. Yes they are a great bunch of guys.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I will forsure. I will be there all day tommarow working with the dyno.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Ok guys I want to know what u think.about the fueling for my truck. I was planning stock fuel to see how it was going to be,but I am a liitle.worried.that there will be.too much air and not enough fuel. What is your take on this and what size.nozzles.would.u do.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.